Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ApplePay

• 05-12-2015 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I have a Visa Debit card issue by Bank of Ireland in the north. From what I can see, Visa supports using ApplePay. However I'm a bit confused about how it works. Does Bank of Ireland need to support ApplePay as well in order for it to work? Or is the fact that Visa Debit support it enough?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Your bank has to support it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Is Applepay available in the Republic.... I be interested to use it if it it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's not available in the South, and your bank has to support it. I did hear that Apple were talking with Bank of Ireland earlier this year, and I imagine Apple Pay will come in time.

Bank of Ireland don't support it in the North, but most of the big English banks do, and it works anywhere in the world that contactless is supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Ok, thanks, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Was just in supervalu Palmerstown and notice that there visa machine was displaying Apple Pay in digital format on the screen said to the girl that I didn't know Apple Pay was up and running and she said it was.
    Did anybody else notice this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Easiest way is to keep an eye on Apple Maps and places like MacDonald's on it. Prior to it going live in Australia, McDonald's entries on Apple Maps wree updated to show the Apple Pay symbol

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Tim Cook hinted that Apple Pay would be coming "soon" to Ireland when he was here last year. What soon means is anyone's guess though.

Problem is they have to get the banks to agree to support it and then the retailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

bee06 wrote: »
    Tim Cook hinted that Apple Pay would be coming "soon" to Ireland when he was here last year. What soon means is anyone's guess though.

Problem is they have to get the banks to agree to support it and then the retailers.

The retailers support it already, because it just shows up as a normal contactless card to them. It's getting the banks on board that holds things up.

I have it up in the North and it's great as long as it's below £30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Some retailers aren't even supporting contactless where I am. My brother lives in the UK and thinks it's brilliant.

Advertisement