Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siri

• 05-12-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering about Siri on the new iphone 6S for those that bought one, is it easy to turn on/off?, As the android phone I have currently has a habit of going off and can't turn it off easily.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Sure, you can disable Siri entirely in settings if you want. FWIW I've only had one instance of it going off, and that was when someone said 'hey Siri' in a podcast I was listening to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Siri can be disabled in Settings as said, and "Hey Siri" is only available if phone is charging at the time.
    There is a Hey Siri workaround, but will drain the battery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

biko wrote: »
    Siri can be disabled in Settings as said, and "Hey Siri" is only available if phone is charging at the time.
    There is a Hey Siri workaround, but will drain the battery.

On the 6s it's always on.

So you can just say "Hey Siri" at any time and Siri wakes up, even when on battery?
    You don't have to press a button first?

iOS 9’s new always-on “Hey Siri” feature promises to be a game changer for iPhone 6s-owning users of Apple’s AI assistant. For the first time ever, these owners won’t have to plug in their handsets in order to use Siri’s new voice activation tech.

Ahead of tomorrow's special event, AppleInsider has learned that Apple's iPhone 6s will boast always-on "Hey Siri" voice activation, meaning users can invoke the virtual assistant even when their device is unplugged.
    Interesting, I didn't know this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is there not a way to disable siri on an iphone 6s? You can do it on the other iphones before it though is that right?

Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

doovdela wrote: »
    Is there not a way to disable siri on an iphone 6s? You can do it on the other iphones before it though is that right?

Thanks for your help.

Yes you can disable Siri on any iPhone if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yes you can disable Siri on any iPhone if you wish.

Ya but how can you disable it on iphone 6s if siri is meant to always be on??

Yes, you can disable Hey Siri if you want and manually activate Siri by holding the home button when you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Go into the settings of your iPhone. Choose general and then find Siri. Turn it off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement