Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 hour turnaround in chicago

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Not necessarily. 2 hours in OHare is very tight as you've to change terminals and go back through security. Aer Lingus come in at T5 them you've to change to United in T1 if memory serves. Security in OHare is the worst.

Which terminals? I have flown there with Aer Lingus and changed to United with no issue. Two hours is plenty of time. If you don't have to collect bags, it'll take 30 minutes or so, from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Berserker wrote: »
    Which terminals? I have flown there with Aer Lingus and changed to United with no issue. Two hours is plenty of time. If you don't have to collect bags, it'll take 30 minutes or so, from my experience.

It takes longer than 30 minutes to change terminals to or from T5, it's a big airport. I did it in an hour once and only made it by sprinting and bring moved through the queue by TSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

You can make it from T5 to T1 in 20 minutes if you know where you're going. The length of time taken to get through security is very unpredictable though. Personally, the longest I've been queuing is 45 mins, but for US domestic flights its typically been 15-20 mins.

Anyway, landing in T5
    - Exit plane, take a right and walk towards baggage area
    - take escalator down, bypass baggage area and go to around center of terminal (follow signs for ATS, Airport transit System).
    - there should be a lift on your left that will take you up towards train
    - go on train heading for Terminal 1, its the last stop, but should only take 5 mins once you've boarded
    - Cross directly into departures

Best of luck

Advertisement