Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Aldo via Submission
    I don't understand McGregor's thinking. He acts like himself in most interviews/embedded. You can see he's great craic, a polite & funny fella.

Then he does these press conferences. He sounds like a complete tool. 'I....will....take.....him....apart.....with.....mymoment'. Or some other rubbish. Putting on that ridiculous accent/voice. I'm sure some will say he does it to sell the fight/so the yanks will understand him.
    Be one or the other ffs. It's just laughable in my honest opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    Tilikum wrote: »
    I don't understand McGregor's thinking. He acts like himself in most interviews/embedded. You can see he's great craic, a polite & funny fella.

Then he does these press conferences. He sounds like a complete tool. 'I....will....take.....him....apart.....with.....mymoment'. Or some other rubbish. Putting on that ridiculous accent/voice. I'm sure some will say he does it to sell the fight/so the yanks will understand him.

The media love those sound bites its purely for that. They get repeated over and over again they lap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I find it laughable that small trivial things like this bother people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He's putting on a show...nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Aldo via Decision
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    A complete joker who will make millions regardless of the outcome.

Do you think he cares?

If he looses he will shake Joses hand and life will continue on Monday morning.

Actually yes i do think he would care if he loses the fight. He comes across as someone who deeply cares about how others perceive him as you can see in every single media conference etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision
    jimmii wrote: »
    The media love those sound bites its purely for that. They get repeated over and over again they lap it up.

When Mcgregor says stuff like 'I can smell your pussy' 'it's red panty night when you fight me' and other dickish things it's for the media. When Ronda Rousey says anything arrogant she's a bitch and over hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Is there a worse forum on Boards than this one when there's a big fight on?

Jesus Christ.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    When Mcgregor says stuff like 'I can smell your pussy' 'it's red panty night when you fight me' and other dickish things it's for the media. When Ronda Rousey says anything arrogant she's a bitch and over hyped.

Exactly! You have it now.

Welcome aboard the hype train!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    After all the trash talk Conor will look like a complete joker if he does lose. Hard fight to call.

He's inevitably going to lose at some point, whether that be tonight or in the future. His trash talk has increased his earnings ten fold. He won't care about the huge backlash he'll receive when he does lose.

I'll be staying well away from here if he loses. The amount of begrudgers coming out of the woodwork will be incredible, as well as the usual Daves here, Darced, Subcomodante Marcos etc. who have been waiting years for him to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Aldo via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

It makes the soccer forum look civilised. The patriots thread is still worse tho. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Aldo via Decision

Jesus Christ.

I'm looking forward to the comments coming down this track tonight!
    Take a chill pill Paully D! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Jesus Christ.

There's plenty of bad ones, but this one is up there. For a week after the fight it's going to be even worse, especially in the 24 hours after.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

moneyman wrote: »
    There's plenty of bad ones, but this one is up there. For a week after the fight it's going to be even worse, especially in the 24 hours after.

It's unreal...definitely signing off this for a while after tonight, win, loss or draw!

Aldo via Submission

Yeh exactly! Until he loses then there will be a backlash and he'll be banned from personality of the year etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

McGregor via Decision
    if it stays on the feet , mcgregor has it , too varied in movement etc solid chin

goes to ground ill brown panties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

McGregor via Decision

Jesus Christ.

it's all your fault, you started the thing
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Jaysus, there's no harm in being funny and having charisma. Also what's wrong with a bit of mental warfare?

Anyway, have Aldo backed for points/KO (I'd love to be wrong). If he's anyway smart though he goes for the takedown/submission. Why bother trade? Pride?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

McGregor via Decision
    Jaysus, there's no harm in being funny and having charisma. Also what's wrong with a bit of mental warfare?

Anyway, have Aldo backed for points/KO (I'd love to be wrong). If he's anyway smart though he goes for the takedown/submission. Why bother trade? Pride?

if aldo just goes for takedowns etc then he's a pussy , and will be slated for being afraid to trade

i know i'll have lost respect for him , 10 years unbeaten or not

the people want to see the 2 trade , lets see whos got better chin , better arsenal of weapons , i don't wanna see a dry humping exhibition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision

Merely noting the hypocrisy of the two takes on over confidence. On another note. The amount of guys in the crowd who have copied Conor's appearance is weird. Imitation is the....

My heart says Mcgregor my head says Aldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    if aldo just goes for takedowns etc then he's a pussy , and will be slated for being afraid to trade

the people want to see the 2 trade , lets see whos got better chin , better arsenal of weapons , i don't wanna see a dry humping exhibition

So lets just call it a Kick Boxing match then? Why bother with all this mixed martial arts malarky, lets tailor the events to suit specific fighters we happen to like better than other, potentially better fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You'll have lost respect for him trying to win by playing to his strengths instead of McGregor's? Right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Wow. Aldos odds have shortened an awful in the last 24 hours.
    A shed load of money must have been thrown on him.
    Has something happened to McGregor? An injury or something that they are keeping quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Think he cares about what you/I/Irish fans think?
    If he's still champion by the end of the night or not he deserves massive respect and will be far from a pussy.
    Remember he's the one in the octagon kicking ass for 10 years not the one sitting on the couch covered in doreto crumbs criticizing fighters integrity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I could see why someone would make that argument, but it is MMA, how badly does he want to win!

Watching Holm/Rousey was the perfect example of a how to implement a game plan. Maybe Aldo's game plan is takedowns in the later rounds, I could see that.

Aldo via Submission
    Merely noting the hypocrisy of the two takes on over confidence. On another note. The amount of guys in the crowd who have copied Conor's appearance is weird. Imitation is the....

My heart says Mcgregor my head says Aldo.

Yeah you had to lol at all the guys getting a picture as he came out yesterday with the haircut and beard! Bet they have the McGregor Reebok gear at home.

Aldo via Submission
    Has something happened to McGregor? An injury or something that they are keeping quiet?

Its sensible people who waited for Aldos price to get pushed out far enough with the bandwagon money to make him great value. When it was 11/2 for Aldo decision that was just ridiculous. It could also be some people who got on Conor early arbing.

Aldo should have always been favourite.

Seems people just bought into the hype initially but the more footage shown over the last few days etc people will see aldo should be favourite and why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

What I love about this fight is the fact that I have no idea how its going to go.

Amazing card altogether, bring on 1am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Aldo via Submission

What a load of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Aldo via Submission

Sure half the Irish half probably lumped a sum on Aldo to win to soften the blow if their "hero" is beaten. Most of the fans probably only got around to looking at YouTube this week and realised just how good this Aldo skin actually is

Advertisement