Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Aldo via Decision
    no BT sport on sky go so that's a no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

McGregor via Decision
    @Severard Yeah thanks for that. I already have setanta/BT on my sky box but may not be at home when the fight starts and thats why I'm wondering about sky go. I might just call them altogether.

Thanks anyway

**edit** thanks 0ph0rce0

**edit 2** sky are a shower of ...

Aldo via Decision
    Xfactor final tonight too, Jesus what a night this is shaping up to be :pac: *

* Taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

So conors allegations of aldo and his drug taking.

Is there any truth to it?

He was even going on about it on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Aldo via Decision
    JustTheOne wrote: »

No truth in it what so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision

I would doubt it but thats just at anyone from brazil really, steroids are a lot more normal out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

McGregor via Decision
    Fromvert wrote: »
    McGregor always looks like this at the weigh in.

Cant believe this post got so many thanks. 100% not true. Go back and watch the brimmage Holloway and Brandao weigh ins and come back to me.

McGregor via Decision
    akelly02 wrote: »
    Cant believe this post got so many thanks. 100% not true. Go back and watch the brimmage Holloway and Brandao weigh ins and come back to me.

we have, and he does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Am I right in saying that if you already have a Setanta/BT Subscription then you dont have to pay extra?

Regards
    Passive Interest in Big Hype Fights Sportsfan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision
    Am I right in saying that if you already have a Setanta/BT Subscription then you dont have to pay extra?

Regards
    Passive Interest in Big Hype Fights Sportsfan

No you have to pay an extra 60 euro for the main card. The prelims are free though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

GFT wrote: »
    No you have to pay an extra 60 euro for the main card. The prelims are free though.
    Not true at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Aldo via Submission
    Depp wrote: »
    we have, and he does

so this:

aldo2.jpg

looks no worse than

this:
    holloway2.jpg

or this:

brimage1.jpg

:confused::confused::confused:

McGregor via Decision
    still has the same caved in forehead and the cheeks seem a bit fuller but his mouth is open in the second two pics which would make a difference to how it looks, he might look slightly different weigh in to weigh in but hes always had a hard cut to 145, each time hes looked like a junkie, and it has yet to affect his performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

He always looks like a junkies junkies basta*d at weigh-ins.

McGregor via Decision
    xMyPRaB.jpg

looks like reebok after supplying custom shorts for the occasion, good sign of things to come from them

Aldo via Decision
    moneyman wrote: »
    He always looks like a junkies junkies basta*d at weigh-ins.

Take that back ya rat poison bastard ya

He is bigger now and he also weighed in at 146 against them. 1 lb may not seem like a lot but it's a full pint of water, which can make a slight difference.

He looked worse vs Mendes and Siver, I'm honestly baffled as to why people are trying to make out that he looks worse. This reaction happens at every single one of his fights. Go back to past threads, people are always arguing "this is the worst he's ever looked."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

xMyPRaB.jpg

looks like reebok after supplying custom shorts for the occasion, good sign of things to come from them

Says sub 4% then sub average 0 at the end.

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Guys he looked a wreck.....end of.

McGregor via Decision
    If I set my alarm for 5 I will be ok? Or should I set it for slightly earlier??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

McGregor via Decision
    we have, and he does

He looks the same at his first weigh in against brimmage as last night? Are you for real?

py2006 wrote: »
    Guys he looked a wreck.....end of.

When has he not at weigh-ins?

Have you seen his weigh-ins before? He looked marginally better at this one.

He looks the same at his first weigh in against brimmage as last night? Are you for real?

What's the point in comparing it to the Brimmage fight? He looked worse against Mendes and Siver and I think he did OK in those fights.

You're being a pedant if you're taking issue with the phrasing of people pointing out that he didn't look worse than usual yesterday.

McGregor via Decision
    When has he not at weigh-ins?

Have you seen his weigh-ins before? He looked marginally better at this one.

Look at his eyes

Look at his eyes

I'm not disagreeing that he looked terrible. His eyes looked even more sunken against Siver. Have you actually watched it? I seriously doubt it given how shocked you are at his appearance.

McGregor via Decision
    I'm not disagreeing that he looked terrible. His eyes looked even more sunken against Siver. Have you actually watched it? I seriously doubt it given how shocked you are at his appearance.

Well, I think the comparatively subdued crowd said it all. I watched the weigh in for Chad and it was completely diff.

I'll admit, I'm no expert so the weakness will be gone by tonight?

Well, I think the comparatively subdued crowd said it all. I watched the weigh in for Chad and it was completely diff.

I'll admit, I'm no expert so the weakness will be gone by tonight?

I think you're reading too much into the crowd reaction. He'll be significantly stronger tonight, he'll have gained about 20lbs. He's always a much healthier sight in the octagon, as expected.

I do think he needs to move up after this though, win or lose. That is a brutal cut he is putting his body through, probably one of the worst cuts of anyone on the roster.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Says sub 4% then sub average 0 at the end.

What does that mean?

Sub 4% means that percentage of his career wins came by submission.

Sub average percentage means the average number of submission attempts in a fight with the average being out to 15 minutes.(as oppose to 25 mins for title fights)

McGregor via Decision
    I think you're reading too much into the crowd reaction. He'll be significantly stronger tonight, he'll have gained about 20lbs. He's always a much healthier sight in the octagon, as expected.

I do think he needs to move up after this though, win or lose. That is a brutal cut he is putting his body through, probably one of the worst cuts of anyone on the roster.

Jesus 20lbs in 24hrs!!!!

How does he loose it in first place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    If I set my alarm for 5 I will be ok? Or should I set it for slightly earlier??

If you set it for 5 you're going to miss some amazing fights! If you're going to get up early for any main card then this is the main card to do it! If you just want to watch McGregor and nothing else then 5 is about right maybe 4.30 to be safe.

Advertisement