Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

'One does not scare a hooker with a cock'
    Deep

?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

McGregor via Decision
    moneyman wrote: »
    Eerily quiet in here. 7.5 hours away from the biggest fight in Irish MMA history (and possibly UFC history in terms of numbers).

X factor final is on... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

has anyone previously bought ppv on ufc.tv just want to make sure my money wasnt going to waste or any hidden charges if I buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

JustTheOne wrote: »
    'One does not scare a hooker with a cock'
    Deep

?
    Add your reply here.

It's on the movement lads Web page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Aldo via Decision
    rvpalldway wrote: »
    has anyone previously bought ppv on ufc.tv just want to make sure my money wasnt going to waste or any hidden charges if I buy it

Yes, perfect quality, no ****e

You only get the main card though, no prelims.

If you want them you need to sign up to fight pass, first month is free so sure why not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision

Yep, there's a fee for more that 2 knockouts of €19, more than 3 submissions €23, and a €1000 fee to see Dana White breakdance to Abbas Money Money Money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Multiple times. The only issue will be if your internet isn't great. I've never had even a glitch, plays HD perfectly all the way through. What speed internet do you have? Even if you don't have enough for HD, it should play normally in SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Eerily quiet in here. 7.5 hours away from the biggest fight in Irish MMA history (and possibly UFC history in terms of numbers).

The smart ones are getting their naps in.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

Multiple times. The only issue will be if your internet isn't great. I've never had even a glitch, plays HD perfectly all the way through. What speed internet do you have? Even if you don't have enough for HD, it should play normally in SD.

internet is not great but if its definitley only going to be around 18 quid . I will chance my luck thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    internet is not great but if its definitley only going to be around 18 quid . I will chance my luck thank you

They have a sliding scale of bitrate, so it will try to play at the best available rate you have available via your connection. My advice if you have poor internet would be to change the bitrate on it to try 480p and if it's jumpy or constantly changing, switch to 360p. It won't be perfect quality but it's an absolutely fine stream even at that rate.

0fc99dd88a5dd10436c4cc3adc115b01.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor via Decision
    Hope yas all enjoy the card tonight, for everyone in Vegas have a great time and stay safe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

McGregor via Decision
    I think i'll crack open a can now, the nerves are coming out to play.

Aldo via Decision
    shocksy wrote: »
    I think i'll crack open a can now, the nerves are coming out to play.

I put mine in the freezer earlier to pre cool, forgot about them, ****ing lot of them are frozen now.

Disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

McGregor via Decision
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I put mine in the freezer earlier to pre cool, forgot about them, ****ing lot of them are frozen now.

Disgusted

Aw no way, 7 minutes to get to an off licence mate. :(

Aldo via Decision
    shocksy wrote: »
    Aw no way, 7 minutes to get to an off licence mate. :(

haha nightmare, have them thawing in the sink now. Turned the heat on and lit the fire to heat up the house. they'll be fine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Disgusted

It can be salvaged. Crack them open but only slightly. Leave to defrost. Won't be perfect but will be drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

haha nightmare, have them thawing in the sink now. Turned the heat on and lit the fire to heat up the house. they'll be fine :pac:

My bottles of corona are nicely chilled if that's any consolation, even have limes for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

MoTD and then it's only a matter of minutes before it all kicks off. Amazing lineup of fights, lets hope the majority live up to the billing. Never seen Aldo fight live. From all the clips and hype he looks unstoppable, but the fact Mendes went 5 rounds with him gives me confidence Conor can do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I
    Am
    Too
    Excited

Aldo via Decision
    mdwexford wrote: »
    I
    Am
    Too
    Excited

I tried to sleep but was like a kid on christmas eve, couldn't do it :)

• Advertisement

Glad I stayed up for last night's fights now. About to have the late lunch :D Should be grand for the fight. BT have it scheduled til 7am like last night. Mendes Edgar only started at 6am, could be the same for the big one tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

McGregor via Decision
    McGregor, TKO, Round 3.

4th rum and coke and I've three hours before the prelims. Me nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

McGregor via Decision
    I'm in the UK and it won't let me purchase the PPV due to it being aired on BT

Would happily pay the £12.99 or whatever for a perfect stream but won't be able to it seems :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

How the hell do you order this fight??

I'm on Virgin Media/UPC and I've been looking for details to order for the last hour but nothing concrete. Anyone have a number or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Aldo via Decision
    Anyone watching the boxing as a UFC warm up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The Mendes fight last night just showed one slip and its over so quick.

Really hope its not over after a minute tonight. Although if its a conor win I could live with that!

With Sky you just go to the Setanta website with your viewing number and sign up. The channel is enabled almost immediately. Not sure how it works with UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

McGregor via Decision
    I'm afraid I'm going to sleep through it now. I'm up at 6 every morning during the week so it should in theory be easy to wake up at 3 or 4. The other option is to try stay awake but that might be hard to do when the beers kick in.

I think the fight could go either way. If someone is to beat the pound for pound best fighter in MMA who is on a 10 year winning streak it is Conor. They both seem to be in each others heads which makes it interesting.

Anyway, hope he wins and we have a sold out Croke Park to attend in the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Aldo via Decision
    With Sky you just go to the Setanta website with your viewing number and sign up. The channel is enabled almost immediately. Not sure how it works with UPC

Might take 1hr for channel to register with UPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Just like UFC 189 I'm going to find it hard to appreciate the rest of the card due to bricking it about McGregor in the main event all the way through. In a way I wish there was no Irish interest and the main event was Weidman v Rockhold with a different fight in place of Gunnar v Maia so I could watch the card without really caring about who wins.

Very nervous now. Ugh.

Advertisement