Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

McGregor via Decision
    Jesus Christ is he really that good, he looked so chilled on the way in whereas Aldo didn't look up once during the introductions..

Well done Conor your some ****ing man for one man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Aldo via Decision
    I think Connor would have been in trouble if he had not have landed that punch , Aldo caught him with a solid punch and would have been in for the kill...
    Would have preferred a few more minutes but great win...I think Connor is still in shock ...all very surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

**** THAT. WAS THE BEST 13 SECONDS EVER!!

Thats what I tell myself after sex. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision
    Well... Frankie vs Conor next!!!

I will eat my hat but I can already hear the naysayers parroting what Aldo said about it not being a fight *sigh*. Deserves it all he really does. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

harr wrote: »
    I think Connor would have been in trouble if he had not have landed that punch , Aldo caught him with a solid punch and would have been in for the kill...
    Would have preferred a few more minutes but great win...I think Connor is still in shock ...all very surreal

Few inches down his face and we would probably had a double ko!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

McGregor via Decision
    Its like the Bernard Dunne fight in reverse. Shock, anti-climax but.... Good feelings!
    Off to bed so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Aldo landed a solid punch but McGregor barely flinched. Epic. Amazing. I was laughing with tears in my eyes! Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

McGregor via Decision
    ah here how do you stop that and leave the last fight go :mad:

Have you ever watched UFC before? The last fight was not stopped because he was still trying to defend himself, Aldo was spark out and getting hammer fists reigning down upon him with his hands by his sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor via Decision
    No Hespect from Aldo. Un Bee Leeeevable. #NoSleep4Eire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    contend wrote: »
    Looks like a load of awful clever fellas lost some money tonight.

The clever fellas played it perfect and got both sides at odds against.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    not yet wrote: »
    Jesus Christ is he really that good, he looked so chilled on the way in whereas Aldo didn't look up once during the introductions..

Well done Conor your some ****ing man for one man.

To be fair I wouldn't read too much into what went during the introductions. Aldo always keeps his head down and doesn't make eye contact until the first bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

Aldo via Decision
    Lost my bet but WOW.

Feel a bit robbed though its 6am for 13 seconds :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

"Best fans in the world" booing a great champion of ten years who had just been knocked out. Scum

Well done to McGregor by the way. Nice to see his gracious comments afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    "Best fans in the world" booing a great champion of ten years who had just been knocked out. Scum

You mad bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Ido portal was the real winner tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

It's the ideal fight to watch on a vine.

The more I watch it the better it gets. A serious shot was heading his way, but lightening quick reactions led him to countering it and ending it.

Amazing reactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They booed him because he showed a lack of respect to the man who had just knocked him out. Understandable. Nobody likes to lose. But thats why they booed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

McGregor via Decision
    Aldo looked so nervous and intimidated the moment he stepped in the octogon didn't raise hid head once.....beaten before the bell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Well... Frankie vs Conor next!!!

I will eat my hat but I can already hear the naysayers parroting what Aldo said about it not being a fight *sigh*. Deserves it all he really does. :D

Joe Rogan took him up on that, basically called him out that it was a fight and he should just man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    sonofenoch wrote: »
    Aldo looked so nervous and intimidated the moment he stepped in the octogon didn't raise hid head once.....beaten before the bell

Tell that to all the guys he's destroyed before when he's done that. Just the way he likes to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    Somehow I dont think that will shut the Conor haters up:rolleyes:

this "conor haters" constant reference is becoming a bit cliche! I think its his personality that non UFC fans can't understand and I imagine for them that is fairly reasonable reaction if they haven't a clue the mentality behind how he conducts himself.

the man is effectively a superstar now so i doubt he gives a cr@p what people think nor should fans of his.I wouldn't be arsed defending his personality to someone who doesnt share an interest in the sport as its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Joe Rogan saying that he doesn't believe that Aldo deserves a title shot yet is happy to announce that Holm fights Rousey in a rematch at UFC 200.

I wonder if Croker is a serious consideration after that.

I'm still... Ah jesus lads. I can't believe it. 13 seconds and yet my brain is still thinking that there should still be a fight on.

I'm fúcking delighted. My body is telling me to go to bed but my head is wanting to stay up. Phenomenal night for Irish MMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Aldo via Decision
    Kirby wrote: »
    They booed him because he showed a lack of respect to the man who had just knocked him out. Understandable. Nobody likes to lose. But thats why they booed him.
    Exactly ,Aldo said it wasn't a fight that's why they booed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision

isn't that how he approaches all his fights though??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    Cant wait for the 'Twitter Reacts' article on MMA junkie. Always full of excuses from butthurt fighters playing down Conor's success.

Hazys wrote: »
    You mad bro?

Nah delighted for McGregor. Its obvious that his attitude before fights etc. is just an act and that he's a decent guy. He just does unfortunately attract a scummy element to his support

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision

He always does that, look back at his other fights.

And the crowd booed because Jose said "it wasn't a fight"..........Joe Rogan corrected him on that ;)

Feel bad for Jose, humiliating loss, but his words after were petty.

Still, I hope he gets a rematch so Conor can do it in 12 seconds next time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Aldo via Decision
    Is coppers still open??

Advertisement