Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭Duff

McGregor via Decision
    God love Dee tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

McGregor via Decision
    sonofenoch wrote: »
    Aldo looked so nervous and intimidated the moment he stepped in the octogon didn't raise hid head once.....beaten before the bell

I agree. Aldo was petrified. Poor little lad needs to hang up the gloves. He has lost his bottle. Conor broke him mentally as well as physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

5,000 miles for 5 seconds..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

this "conor haters" constant reference is becoming a bit cliche! I think its his personality that non UFC fans can't understand and I imagine for them that is fairly reasonable reaction if they haven't a clue the mentality behind how he conducts himself.

That's not true though. Plenty of people who claimed he was being protected on the way to the title fight, plenty who said Mendes would destroy him (and then pointed to the 2 week camp) and plenty that said Aldo would destroy him (and they'll probably call it a lucky punch). It's not just his personality these people talk about but also his ability...

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

harr wrote: »
    Exactly ,Aldo said it wasn't a fight that's why they booed

There was some booing even before that, and also he was right, it wasn't really a fight and I'd say McGregor would admit that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    "Best fans in the world" booing a great champion of ten years who had just been knocked out. Scum

Talk about clutching at straws. :pac:

At least yourself and numerous others will be away from the MMA forum with your tails between your legs until McGregor's next fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

McGregor via Decision
    Post-fight Press Conference here, 10 mins to go:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    Kirby wrote: »
    They booed him because he showed a lack of respect to the man who had just knocked him out. Understandable. Nobody likes to lose. But thats why they booed him.

plus they were drunk and hysterical and it was only pantomine booing in a way! To call them "scum" is idiotic!! Indeed boooooo to you Yohan the (not so) Great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

McGregor looked to have the fight won before it even started and finished him with a great punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Duff wrote: »
    God love Dee tonight.

13 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

McGregor via Decision
    Easy money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    DC had a good night of predictions, he is feeling good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Paully D wrote: »
    Talk about clutching at straws. :pac:

At least yourself and numerous others will be away from the MMA forum with your tails between your legs until McGregor's next fight.

Look at my other posts. I'm delighted for McGregor. He deserves it with all the effort he puts in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

McGregor via Decision
    I never believed anyone could do it before, But I now believe McGregor sh1its standing up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

McGregor via Decision
    Duff wrote: »
    God love Dee tonight.

Congrats to you sir. This will be overlooked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    Ah lads, I'm still on a buzz after that. Honestly don't know what to say, he said his left is a killer and he backed it up ten fold. Jose looked in bits after it, but I can hear the pub down the road still roaring after it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

There was some booing even before that, and also he was right, it wasn't really a fight and I'd say McGregor would admit that too

Jesus wept.

Does it matter when he knocked him out he still done it?

Its more impressive how quick he took him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Joe Rogan saying that he doesn't believe that Aldo deserves a title shot yet is happy to announce that Holm fights Rousey in a rematch at UFC 200.

In fairness that fight went more than one round though no matter what you say about it but ultimately I don't think we should be straight back in there with either of them. Holm should fight Meisha and Conor should fight Frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

The camera in Aldo's locker room is still streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I don't know if I'm impressed or annoyed at the fact that I stayed up until 6am for one punch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

McGregor via Decision
    That left hand is unbelievable.

All the haters can suck it, he's a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    Quick request here but can someone confirm for me that that actually just happened or am I hallucinating from sleep deprivation? cannot believe it...what a day to be irish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Aldo via Decision
    This is why I stream fights and don't pay for them Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

McGregor via Decision
    Easy Money!!!!DJ9KzGkYzGkX7ye8aHX0gCiJn1naEWJq0E9JLfbf1n_ahANiZQMAYLt0kQ86dBALzFr9J_SDlaQFgvH1htu-D9hhofqWVZS9w0VCDx9RW8dxByxZ_ekqWrPm1M0e5tO1E7RbnTEi1Trx1m3MTGR3RMug3qB_7cl1zsb3z3qPcMOYRRfPFyKORyhQ4jCWxiQ9lvVY-8BG8c4dPM6L6zXuOPIbFtvBuF97qVrVT7pvWyQ4hkUIYVazxgggK2Cj46h3avkJjD-eABX5GmTBDHs4uTgEktfIy87R_NhtkTBe3NjFQu3lL12bKEvBhw1rbYtDOPmi0SvW0-slR8zoJjfluqesJ6gRDtNUvERtuMOjzTYguAuVSYCWHIjiG2u2EPVeN6fJGzNgYbkyVvHt4ULOAnNpxH6GjcQj_gTKGDbRzcJv3r0jBpz-38Ar23ITBZTUJt_tgdNzbiSPyiPbG8JyCi7-NflSk5ZBbMadiJH0W4DRnFgLEphFrNQOqtewoyyBwE19ORlFfqr2wcrZIBy36ujViMHACCuNxXtwnQR7cT3eUP8PNd3qvfdtp7T889WkCHoG=w838-h643-no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Aldo via Decision
    A replay for those that didn't see the conclusion.

Han+shot+first_9ffc04_5290317.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    Bugg wrote: »

The camera in Aldo's locker room is still streaming.

Wow, poor fella....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

McGregor via Decision
    plus they were drunk and hysterical and it was only pantomine booing in a way! To call them "scum" is idiotic!! Indeed boooooo to you Yohan the (not so) Great!!!

To call them scum is pathetic, no point replying to that rubbish. An Irishman just became undisputed champion and all people can do is search out any slight negative and slur all the fans as scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Aldo was too embarrassed to admit he couldn't take the power.

Not a bit of humility from him.

Unlucky Jose, over to the scrap heap with Barao with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Why was it not a fight?
    2 people in a cage, one gets knocked out, sounds like a fight to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Aldo via Decision
    Right mcgregor will now be watched on vines at a reasonable hour the next day

Advertisement