Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

Does it matter when he knocked him out he still done it?

Its more impressive how quick he took him out.

Ah, come on. Any fight that's over that quick has a massive element of luck in it no matter how good the punch was, which it was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Bugg wrote: »

The camera in Aldo's locker room is still streaming.

Pricless

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

McGregor via Decision
    proper job done, irish style. the hammers finished it under strain of confusion.

must be some smack off his left, the one hitting mendes looked more powerful but still.

he looked nervous, conors confidence definitely got in on him. wouldn't say he's the clainest either, cracked rib me bo***s lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    That's not true though. Plenty of people who claimed he was being protected on the way to the title fight, plenty who said Mendes would destroy him (and then pointed to the 2 week camp) and plenty that said Aldo would destroy him (and they'll probably call it a lucky punch). It's not just his personality these people talk about but also his ability...

i guess so. On the contrary Aldo was the protected one. Sorry, I assumed you were talking about the Irish mentality in general to him (which is quickly diminishing and will verge on near non existent soon i predict)

Still let haters be haters. Responding to them just fuels them and as you said yourself they will always respond with another reason to hate or criticise him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Wow hes sitting down crying with everyone around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

194 Base salary: $500,000
    Winners Bonus: $100,000

$'s per second in the octagon: $46,184

Well done Conor, delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Good card overall, perhaps not the most exhilarating finishes but the match ups were interesting.

Only dampener was that they didn't have the "testicular fortitude" to get Frankie Edgar in the cage and outright declare him as the next challenger. His win last night was stunning, he's an interesting match stylistically for Conor and he's earned his shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

McGregor via Decision

Dana comes in and it moves to the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Conor didnt break a sweat. They should go straight to the presser. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    OmegaRed wrote: »
    Easy Money!!!!DJ9KzGkYzGkX7ye8aHX0gCiJn1naEWJq0E9JLfbf1n_ahANiZQMAYLt0kQ86dBALzFr9J_SDlaQFgvH1htu-D9hhofqWVZS9w0VCDx9RW8dxByxZ_ekqWrPm1M0e5tO1E7RbnTEi1Trx1m3MTGR3RMug3qB_7cl1zsb3z3qPcMOYRRfPFyKORyhQ4jCWxiQ9lvVY-8BG8c4dPM6L6zXuOPIbFtvBuF97qVrVT7pvWyQ4hkUIYVazxgggK2Cj46h3avkJjD-eABX5GmTBDHs4uTgEktfIy87R_NhtkTBe3NjFQu3lL12bKEvBhw1rbYtDOPmi0SvW0-slR8zoJjfluqesJ6gRDtNUvERtuMOjzTYguAuVSYCWHIjiG2u2EPVeN6fJGzNgYbkyVvHt4ULOAnNpxH6GjcQj_gTKGDbRzcJv3r0jBpz-38Ar23ITBZTUJt_tgdNzbiSPyiPbG8JyCi7-NflSk5ZBbMadiJH0W4DRnFgLEphFrNQOqtewoyyBwE19ORlFfqr2wcrZIBy36ujViMHACCuNxXtwnQR7cT3eUP8PNd3qvfdtp7T889WkCHoG=w838-h643-no

nice 1. you must have thrown that on a while back though yeah?? wasnt too many as generous prices knocking about last week or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    ***the Aldo cam was finally turned off--Just as Dana and Co came in, what a scene, they must not known it was on still......uugh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Byron Low Topcoat

Aldo via Submission
    i didn't think connor would win this but I'm ****ing delighted connor has absolutely backed up everything he's said at every turn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Aldo via Decision
    So how much did each fighter make for that 13 seconds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ah, come on. Any fight that's over that quick has a massive element of luck in it no matter how good the punch was, which it was very good

Tyson must have made a career of being lucky then back in the day!

Dry your tears

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Greatest achievement in Irish sporting history.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

McGregor via Decision
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    Wow, poor fella....

Feel sorry for him. It probably feels worse to not have the opportunity to do anything more than being bettered over the course of a round. I don't think a rematch would end any differently for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

John_D80 wrote: »
    Heart has to go out to Jose.

It kinda did when he was clearly upset, but then he was a sour shyte and gave McGregor no credit, just moaned that it wasn't a proper fight.

I hope they give Frankie the shot he deserves, but there's more money in the rematch so that's what they'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

McGregor via Decision
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    McGregor looked to have the fight won before it even started and finished him with a great punch.

He had it won when they did stage 1 of the promo in Rio earlier in the year. Hearing an outsider tell you "you are going to die" in your native tongue would completely rattle you.

I couldn't imagine Aldo doing the same in English/Irish.

I had my doubts before this fight whether or not he was the real deal but after Mendes and now Aldo, I've got to admit that Mcgregor is a true champion.

Aldo doesn't seem to think so, but he managed to take a full force punch while simultaneously knocking Aldo out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Aldo via Submission
    nice 1. you must have thrown that on a while back though yeah?? wasnt too many as generous prices knocking about last week or more.

He was that price at midnight when I was looking. Paddies had them both 10/11. There was a big shift since the weight-in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Greatest achievement in Irish sporting history.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

So how much did each fighter make for that 13 seconds ?

McGregor got around $46,000 per second, Aldo got $30,700.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

McGregor via Decision
    Tut tut lads :P

9CedQo7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

ah here how do you stop that and leave the last fight go :mad:

Not defending Herb Dean's decision in the previous fight but Weidman was at least conscious and had his hands up. Aldo was unconscious and has his hands down by his side with no attempt to defend himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

McGregor via Decision
    Reminded me of this
    snatch-mickey-one-punch-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    As great as that win was, and it was fu**ing spectacular, I hope a big crowd stayed up and watched the whole card because that was a great night of fights. Two champions getting well pushed over along with some other cracking match ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Paddy Power were 10/11 right before the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

khamilto wrote: »
    It's an oxymoron and he said it like... three times one after another? Dunno, just seemed weird. Precision is pointless without power, timing is useless without speed etc.
    I think the idea is that most fighters have a good degree of power and speed but what separates the great (McGregor) fighters from the rest is their timing and precision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

He was 10/11 today on pp had 110 on meself to win a hundred !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Aldo's right, it wasn't a fight.

A fight would imply some degree of competition.

That was just a fella getting knocked out.

Well played Conor you feckin legend!

Advertisement