Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Greatest achievement in Irish sporting history.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

McGregor via Decision
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Tut tut lads :P

9CedQo7.png

To be fair with it being a standup affair, anything couldve happened (not agreeing at all, McGregor is class! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

lol

Dont be bitter. You got it wrong. Accept it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

SickBoy wrote: »
    Reminded me of this
    snatch-mickey-one-punch-o.gif
    Jesus, McGregor is actually a real life incarnation of Brad Pitt's character from Snatch, albeit with a better body and worse acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

No point given out about the fans.

Yes 90% of them probably never watched the UFC bar the events McGregor headlined.

Yes to them any extended time grappling on the ground they confuse with an UFC mating ritual.

But they're there were not. Nothing we can do except make sure we have tickets to the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I actually can't believe that just happened.

Dana must be pissed that the biggest fight ended like this.

Doubt it, he makes the same amount of money regardless how long it lasts and he has McGregor as champion which is what he needed most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

McGregor via Decision
    Caliden wrote: »
    To be fair with it being a standup affair, anything couldve happened (not agreeing at all, McGregor is class! :D)

Ah yeah I know, I'm jk'ing is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭ooter

Aldo via Decision
    Lights On wrote: »
    As great as that win was, and it was fu**ing spectacular, I hope a big crowd stayed up and watched the whole card because that was a great night of fights. Two champions getting well pushed over along with some other cracking match ups!

I'm trying my best to get more interested in the Ufc and I watched all the fights tonight but McGregor really is making a mockery of it when he does that to their golden child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    hehee, Conor shirtless on FOX now with DC and Bisping, etc.....very entertaining, he is on fire :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

RIP BOARDS.

Many hamsters died to bring us this information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Kirby wrote: »

irrelevant. I have to agree firmly with his lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Aldo via Decision
    FYI, plenty of people saying Aldo was mistranslated. Apparently he said "there wasn't much to the fight" instead of "it wasn't a real fight".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

A rematch in Croke Park would surely be a huge opportunity for the UFC, no? I just wonder how they'd work around the time difference...I'm sure the Americans could get over having to watch one event in the early evening rather than at night

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Aldo came off awfully post-fight. Hard to remember a dethroned champion giving such a lack of respect to the new champion in the UFC. Even look at how Ronda was a couple of weeks ago with Holm after the fight.

For all that people were saying Aldo was what a proper champion should be in the way he acted etc, the mask slipped. Easy to act like many people liked when you're winning for 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

McGregor via Decision
    Doubt it, he makes the same amount of money regardless how long it lasts and he has McGregor as champion which is what he needed most.

He probably prefers it this way because both his top fighters escaped without any serious injuiry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    ooter wrote: »
    I'm trying my best to get more interested in the Ufc and I watched all the fights tonight but McGregor really is making a mockery of it when he does that to their golden child.

Conor IS their golden child...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

It says the post fight press confrence is on at half but hasn't started yet anyone know what time it'll start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Kirby wrote: »

Firstly I thought McGregor would win. Secondly I wanted McGregor to win. Finally and most importantly this is not near the best ever achievement in Irish sport and if you think it is you're unhinged

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Byron Low Topcoat

Aldo via Submission
    He probably prefers it this way because both his top fighters escaped without any serious injuiry.

and furthermore it makes a rematch jucy as ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,547 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I wouldn't worry too much about what Aldo said a few mins after being out cold. Not the easiest time to have a mic shoved in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    JamieHP wrote: »
    It says the post fight press confrence is on at half but hasn't started yet anyone know what time it'll start at?

About 7:30am I'd imagine. The timing indication is usually a mile off for the post-fight presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

idiots like Dana will NEVER bring a title fight to Dublin. Hopefully i am wrong.

Bit harsh to call Dana an idiot. Most of his decisions at least make sense. He promised Croke Park to McGregor if he beat Aldo. Plus a chance to break the attendance record for UFC.

The big problem is the timezone, I guess we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

McGregor via Decision
    nice 1. you must have thrown that on a while back though yeah?? wasnt too many as generous prices knocking about last week or more.

About 3 hours before the fight. Odds moved to Aldo after the weigh ins so it was worth it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    Essien wrote: »
    Aldo's right, it wasn't a fight.

A fight would imply some degree of competition.

That was just a fella getting knocked out.

Well played Conor you feckin legend!

fight
    fʌɪt/Submit
    verb

take part in a violent struggle involving the exchange of physical blows or the use of weapons.
    "the men were fighting"
    synonyms: brawl, come to blows, exchange blows, attack/assault each other, hit/punch each other; More

struggle to overcome, eliminate, or prevent.
    "a churchman who has dedicated his life to fighting racism"
    synonyms: oppose, contest, contend with, confront, challenge, combat, dispute, object to, quarrel with, argue against/with; More
    noun

a violent confrontation or struggle.
    "he'd got into a fight with some bouncers outside a club"
    synonyms: brawl, fracas, melee, row, rumpus, confrontation, skirmish, sparring match, exchange, struggle, tussle, scuffle, altercation, wrangle, scrum, clash, disturbance; More

It was a fight. It may not have lasted the rounds but one man overcame another as was his intention.

QED

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you slow it down, Aldo actually takes a knee from the ref too. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

ya but who wants to see a rematch? not me, a drunk from coppers would of put up a better fight than Aldo. if it had of gone 2 or 3 good rounds with nothing in it and them mcgregor knocked him out, a rematch would then be in demand. the ufc didn't want a 13 second knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Tonight along with last nights fight proving boxing as an art prevails among the rest.

Nolan or Stokes (on screen on last nights 69kg tg4 all ireland elite boxing championship final fyi) would have taken aldo in that fight tonight as it played out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission

No way, Dana lives for wars. Hence the fight of the nigh bonus and so on.

Anyway, KO bonus for Conor, fight of the night for Rockhold and weidman and performance of the night for Maia.

Advertisement