Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

McGregor via Decision
    Ah, come on. Any fight that's over that quick has a massive element of luck in it no matter how good the punch was, which it was very good

There it is.

How was it lucky? It was an exchange and McGregor came out on top.

What's the difference between a KO on the 50th exchange in the fourth round and a KO in the 1st exchange in the first round? Well, obviously the the one in the first is more impressive as the fighter that was KOed will have taken a lot of shots by fourth round and would be more depleted. A KO in the first 13 seconds isn't lucky. It's spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Now all we need is Sheamus to do the business tomorrow night against Roman Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

McGregor via Decision
    The ones who were booing Aldo are IMO scum yes. And also there was some of them booing him even before he started to speak so don't give me the comment that he supposedly said something offensive
    I didn't, so what are you talking about? They're perfectly entitled to cheer their man and boo the opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭pgj2015

See stuff like this is nonsense.

Aldo got caught with a straight right in the chin from a man with the pound for pound heaviest hands in MMA. Nobody is staying on their feet if that connects. Aldo rushed him, threw a wild punch and got caught, it could have easily happened the other way around.

It's fighting, anyone can get dropped at any time by a fighter with power if they connect cleanly on the chin. This doesn't make Aldo a bad fighter suddenly, he's still the same guy who cleared out the division up until now.

well im just saying it from my point of view, i feel the same about a holm v rousey rematch, no point, holm will 100% defeat rousey in any rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    €17.99 and waiting up until that hour. For that. Fcuk you UFC.

cryingasianman.gif~c200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Just made my vote on the poll.

*ehem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Byron Low Topcoat

Aldo via Submission
    The reaction of some is actually hilarious, if there were a knock-out like that in a boxing title-fight nobody would be complaining about waiting up and been robbed of their PPV view. Get over it people, this is serious business.

That was an exhilarating as it gets... the speed in that vid that was posted here is frightening, nearly cant see the punch til slow-mo...and he's Irish!

yes they would its the nature of fighting but people will complain about it regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

See stuff like this is nonsense.

Aldo got caught with a straight left in the chin from a man with the pound for pound heaviest hands in MMA. Nobody is staying on their feet if that connects. Aldo rushed him, threw a wild punch and got caught, it could have easily happened the other way around.

It's fighting, anyone can get dropped at any time by a fighter with power if they connect cleanly on the chin. This doesn't make Aldo a bad fighter suddenly, he's still the same guy who cleared out the division up until now.

Your tears taste so good.

Maybe you can dry them with all the money you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

thought the weidman fight was great. congrats conor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Lucky we don't need your validation on what was an incredible performance by conor in the biggest fight of his career.
    Why would you?

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    py2006 wrote: »
    Just made my vote on the poll.

*ehem

and you nailed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Aldo via Decision
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Tut tut lads :P

9CedQo7.png

I am on that wall of shame and will accept my punishment of being shot in the back of the head before dawn! :D:pac:

I voted after seeing Conor walking around last night like one of the GIs rescued in Rambo 2.

But I am delighted for him and was jumping around the room with my 12 yo nephew and 78 year old mamma.

So my heart won and my head lost.

Goodnight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

194 Base salary: $500,000
    Winners Bonus: $100,000

$'s per second in the octagon: $46,184

Well done Conor, delighted for you.

Does that include the percentage of the PPV buyrate? I think that's where the likes of McGregor and Rousey earn most of their money. He should be getting much more than $500,000 given that the PPV probably sold around 1m buys, most of which were because of Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    pgj2015 wrote: »
    well im just saying it from my point of view, i feel the same about a holm v rousey rematch, no point, holm will 100% defeat rousey in any rematch.

I agree, but Ronda still deserves the rematch.

Aldo via Submission
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Your tears taste so good.

Maybe you can dry them with all the money you make.

nothing he said was wrong in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

ya but who wants to see a rematch? not me, a drunk from coppers would of put up a better fight than Aldo. if it had of gone 2 or 3 good rounds with nothing in it and them mcgregor knocked him out, a rematch would then be in demand. the ufc didn't want a 13 second knockout.

Awh the fair weather fan out in force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

DrPhilG wrote: »
    They booed Aldo because he was a bad loser. If he had given respect to Conor and shook his hand they would have given him a cheer.
    They boo'ed his entrance too. I heard the Irish crowd doing that in the last McGregor fight too. Seems to me it's just "Booo, opponent... booo." People think they're at a damn panto. Makes me cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Canadel wrote: »
    MMA has some rules. It's a regulated contest. Tonight wasn't a fight, it was precision and timing. The match before it was a fight. McGregor v Aldo wasn't. QED

How can you have a fight with a ko that didn't have physical blows in it or the rest like a betting underdog (overcoming) ko'ing a champ who hadn't been beaten in 10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    parc wrote: »
    There it is.

How was it lucky? It was an exchange and McGregor came out on top.

What's the difference between a KO on the 50th exchange in the fourth round and a KO in the 1st exchange in the first round? Well, obviously the the one in the first is more impressive as the fighter that was KOed will have taken a lot of shots by fourth round and be more depleted. A KO in the first 13 seconds isn't lucky. It's spectacular.

Pretty much, there's not really a way of sugar coating this. I thought Aldo would win and was pretty vocal about it prior to the fight but he was idiotic in this fight and McGregor punished him for it. Deserved win for McGregor, no fluke involved at all. Can only beat what's in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Yawn, and if it was a soccer match my nephew could have beaten him ; )

LOL no your missing what I'm saying.

Nolan or Stokes in place of Mcgregor in the OCTAGON tonight would have sparked aldo with a left hook just like conor. There was nothing in that fight (all 13 secs of it) that resembled kick boxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling etc.

Aldos lunging hook was pathetic and it's truly sad that the UFCs no.1 p4p fighter was destroyed by a simple well timed left hook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

The reaction of some is actually hilarious, if there were a knock-out like that in a boxing title-fight nobody would be complaining about waiting up and been robbed of their PPV view. Get over it people, this is serious business.

That was an exhilarating as it gets... the speed in that vid that was posted here is frightening, nearly cant see the punch til slow-mo...and he's Irish!

Yes they would

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ibrahimovic

They boo'ed his entrance too. I heard the Irish crowd doing that in the last McGregor fight too. Seems to me it's just "Booo, opponent... booo." People think they're at a damn panto. Makes me cringe.

ah get over yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

ya but who wants to see a rematch? not me, a drunk from coppers would of put up a better fight than Aldo. if it had of gone 2 or 3 good rounds with nothing in it and them mcgregor knocked him out, a rematch would then be in demand. the ufc didn't want a 13 second knockout.

"A drunk from coppers would of put up a better fight"

Go to bed.

Anyway, Mcgregors on the video game cover now. When is the next Fight Night game out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

€17.99 and waiting up until that hour. For that. Fcuk you UFC.

Were there not 9 other fights to watch?

Many of them excellent contests too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    Still can't get over it to be honest, 13 seconds, first punches traded. There's backing up your trash talking and there is taking the piss with it, Conor took the piss and had time to fix his hair :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    nothing he said was wrong in fairness

Apparently you can't make an objective statement without being a "mad jelly hater".

Aldo via Submission
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Were there not 9 other fights to watch?

Many of them excellent contests too?

the guy likely watched one fight, tonight was a bloody excellent card that ended with a new irish champion couldn't have gone better really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Sounds like your watching stuff the little folks watch for entertainment mi lord, hows about some bowls or cricket for your entertainment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    e92335i wrote: »
    LOL no your missing what I'm saying.

Nolan or Stokes in place of Mcgregor in the OCTAGON tonight would have sparked aldo with a left hook just like conor. There was nothing in that fight (all 13 secs of it) that resembled kick boxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling etc.

Aldos lunging hook was pathetic and it's truly sad that the UFCs no.1 p4p fighter was destroyed by a simple well timed left hook.

Good man. Go back to your boxing club and keep telling your mates there you can beat any MMA fighter ;)

Advertisement