Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    He got lucky in his last fight and got lucky again in this one as far as I'd be concerned.

It's not luck, it's a well placed, we'll timed straight left . Aldo didn't fall over and knock himself out. Sure the fight could have gone one of millions of others of ways if that punch didn't connect, but it did. I thought Aldo would fight intelligently and win by decision using his low inside leg kicks to grind conor down, but he didn't, he rushed him and got sparked. **** happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

McGregor via Decision
    Terrlock wrote: »
    However I give full credit to McGregor and almost regret I didn't bet the house on him when he said he would win in the first round.

I know what you mean. I expected the first round KO and I think that possiblity was present in the minds of the UFC when they created the card with having such a strong co-main event with Weidman v Rockhold. It never occurred to me to put even a few euro on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭Deedsie

McGregor via Decision
    Andy Lee is at the moment and I would suggest that there is greater competition in middleweight boxing than there is in featherweight UFC. Also lots of others in the past that I can't be bothered going through

Why are you actually on here? All you have done is piss and moan for the last 2 hours? Give it a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    In fairness not many other professional Irish athletes, team or individual, have been world champion.

Seriously?

Pound for pound ,as a sporting nation, we are well up there with the best considering our size and population.

I'm a huge huge MMA fan and Mcgregor fan, but this not anywhere near any of our greatest sporting achievements.

Your just letting the post fight buzz go to your head mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I didn't think mind games were actually gonna play a part at all, but was it just me or did Aldo look very nervous just before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Has the post match presser started?

Aldo via Submission
    Lukker- wrote: »
    I didn't think mind games were actually gonna play a part at all, but was it just me or did Aldo look very nervous just before?

He always looks like that pre-fight. Head down, not moving around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

McGregor via Decision
    No! Dammit no more, Edgar has done everything asked of him, he's jumped through the hoops, last night he went out there and he dismantled Mendes in stunning fashion. Frankie Edgar is the rightful number 1 contender, and should prove to be Conor'so greatest challenge, Conor's mix of styles and power has been a question that nobody in the UFC has yet solved, I believe Edgar has the answer.

I don't know if I'd necessarily agree he has the answer(although he can definitely cause Conor problems), but I absolutely agree Frankie should get the next shot, especially after both he and Conor winning so emphatically this weekend. It makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    This thread man. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    Some notable facts...

It takes longer to tie your laces than....

It takes longer to wholly consume a cadburys cream egg than....

It takes longer to change a light bulb than....

It takes longer to take a piss than....

It took Mcgregor to knock Aldo out COLD tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He looks like that most of the time, more important than Aldo'so body language was his actual actions, Aldo diving in like that, especially so early in the fight is situated remarkably un-Aldo like that I think it's fair to put that down to the mind games getting to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

No. That's how he looks before every fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

"Luck"?. Its a fight. Luck would be a meteorite crashing through the MGM Grand and taking Aldos head off. A perfectly timed counter-punch is how you win fights. I for one am having great craic reading all the sad sobs who are begrudging this great proud Irish lad his deserved victory. Long may his reign continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

McGregor via Decision

He's always like that. Head down and no eye contact. He looked so pumped though, I thought, just before entering the ring. Mind games definitely got to him, but I'm not saying its why he lost.

I'm unsure what I want next. Edgar deserves his chance but Aldo was undefeated for 10 years so he deserves that rematch.

I'd love to see a re match with Holloway in the future but I can see McGregor moving up before Holloway is ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Lord PuppyMcSnuggle of Cuddleshire

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Of course they booed the entrance. There has been smack talked for over a year between the 2 so the fans will boo one and cheer the other.
    Fair point, I suppose it is a panto for a lot of people. The drama always seems contrived to me, so I never watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    He was being booed before he spoke by a small number of people. Also his comments were being translated so he could have been misinterpreted

Could the parents of Yohan come to the customer service desk as soon as possible. He seems to be lost and is not talking any sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Has the post match presser started?

Nope, probably 20 minutes or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'd love to welcome him back at the airport similar to the irish rugby or soccer team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    Dana White is live on FS1 right now, obviously the press conference won't start till at least 10 mins after he finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »
    This thread man. :pac:

This thread? I'm dreading reading the AH one :pac:

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    In fairness not many other professional Irish athletes, team or individual, have been world champion.

there has been 10 in professional boxing alone not to mention amateur and then when you go into other sports there has been plenty connor has the potential to become an all time great irish athlete and he's already done an amazing job but he's got a bit to go yet

Aldo via Submission
    So conor and Frankie next?

What's for Aldo so, Max? Mendes 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision
    Holly Holm vs Conor.

That's his only fight really.

Aldo via Submission
    Some notable facts...

It takes longer to tie your laces than....

It takes longer to wholly consume a cadburys cream egg than....

It takes longer to change a light bulb than....

It takes longer to take a piss than....

It took Mcgregor to knock Aldo out COLD tonight...

id last longer with salpa than.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

He got lucky in his last fight and got lucky again in this one as far as I'd be concerned.

Weird how one man gets lucky so many times. The one man on the card who didn't thank God as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He looks like that most of the time, more important than Aldo'so body language was his actual actions, Aldo diving in like that, especially so early in the fight is situated remarkably un-Aldo like that I think it's fair to put that down to the mind games getting to him.

Yeah I know his ritual is of looking at the ground for the staredown and walking out, just though he looked a bit more lethargic then normal.

Usually it feels like 'Wow this guys don't give a ****'

Tonight it felt like 'This guy doesn't look like he wants to fight'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    Dana just said John K said Conor will never make 145 again...wow

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Aldo??mcgregor made a show of him....well done nothing short than what he deserves mcgregor,he walks the walk...AND TALKS THE TALK,and backs it up in style...class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    hefferboi wrote: »
    He's always like that. Head down and no eye contact. He looked so pumped though, I thought, just before entering the ring. Mind games definitely got to him, but I'm not saying its why he lost.

I'm unsure what I want next. Edgar deserves his chance but Aldo was undefeated for 10 years so he deserves that rematch.

I'd love to see a re match with Holloway in the future but I can see McGregor moving up before Holloway is ready.

Holloway has nothing to threaten Conor. Edgar the only fighter left. Aldo does deserve a chance and I feel so bad for him, but if he doesn't get his chance it's on him and his stupidity or lack of fight IQ, whatever way you want to put it. Edgar currently deserves it more. And I guarantee it he won't be a retard and try to trade blows with a guy like Conor. He'll take him down and make him uncomfortable. I think Conor will still get the win tbh. He's really convinced me. But Edgar next, then a move to lightweight.

Advertisement