Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Fair point, I suppose it is a panto for a lot of people. The drama always seems contrived to me, so I never watch it.

YOU NEVER WATCH IT?

Ten past 7 in the morning a Sunday morning, yet you're here with all your negative energy lighting the place up... Ha thanks for joining in mi lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Hazys wrote: »
    Dana just said John K said Conor will never make 145 again...wow

Big statement.

I'm sure the UFC would want him to defend against Edgar or the real money spinner would be a rematch against Aldo at UFC 200 with the UFC then able to hype the rematch angle with the aforementioned, Ronda v Holm and Jones v Cormier.

Very interesting to see what happens next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission

Frankie and Aldo for the vacated 145 belt so?

The plot thickens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

It was actually a lovely left aldo landed!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Deedsie wrote: »
    Why are you actually on here? All you have done is piss and moan for the last 2 hours? Give it a rest

Its been a lot less than two hours and I've said in many different posts that I'm happy for McGregor and wanted him to win. I just think he has a large scummy element to his support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    So conor and Frankie next?

What's for Aldo so, Max? Mendes 3?

Not a whole lot for Jose in the division to be honest, Max makes sense but you never know with Dana. Would Mendes 3 be much of a draw after the way they've both been beaten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Its been a lot less than two hours and I've said in many different posts that I'm happy for McGregor and wanted him to win. I just think he has a large scummy element to his support

Big deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    Holy ****e if true. Is the post fight press on TV? Or is it on a legal link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭Deedsie

McGregor via Decision

No one cares

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    This on FS1?

McGregor via Decision
    One worrying thing from tonight - the scar on Conor's eye opened up after one (albeit big) shot. We knew it would be, but it appears that's going to be a huge problem going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    Holy ****e if true. Is the post fight press on TV? Or is it on a legal link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjXHai7M7oU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Aldo via Decision

Now things will get interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

McGregor via Decision
    Camera angle showing reactions from both Conors & Aldos camps after the K.O. I think Bruce Buffers face is best to the right hand side of Aldos camp :D

https://www.facebook.com/UFConFOX/videos/483281151876864/?theater

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

McGregor via Decision
    He looks like that most of the time, more important than Aldo'so body language was his actual actions, Aldo diving in like that, especially so early in the fight is situated remarkably un-Aldo like that I think it's fair to put that down to the mind games getting to him.

It could be argued that it was desperation. He looked extremely tense with eyes firmly on the floor waiting to begin the fight. I think he wasn't confident he could stand with Conor and tried to do something risky to try and get some respect and also momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    Lights On wrote: »

Thanks man! Really appreciate it :D Boards is so much more helpful than Sherdog and some of the other MMA forums. Glad I started posting here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    White also said if Conor goes to 155, no title eliminator, straight title bout

2016 is gona be amanazing

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Make negative comment about some of the fans and the whole place goes wild. Ye are a very defensive lot. You don't see great champions getting booed in many other sports. That's usually left to stuff like the WWE but I suppose that's the target audience the UFC are aiming for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McGregor via Decision
    Lights On wrote: »
    Still can't get over it to be honest, 13 seconds, first punches traded. There's backing up your trash talking and there is taking the piss with it, Conor took the piss and had time to fix his hair :p

We really can call him Mystic Mac after tonight. He reminds me of this guy

https://www.google.ie/search?q=paul+the+octopus&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2xM-spdjJAhXDTBQKHQfEB4sQ_AUIBygB&biw=1280&bih=675#imgrc=8eE2JUw6aFHirM%3A

In fact has Conor ever been wrong in predicting what round a fight will end? Maybe Holloway because he did his knee in?

He looks like that most of the time, more important than Aldo'so body language was his actual actions, Aldo diving in like that, especially so early in the fight is situated remarkably un-Aldo like that I think it's fair to put that down to the mind games getting to him.

It was very uncharateristic of Aldo. Maybe Conor had got inside his head so much that Aldo lost it somewhat and came out all guns blazing straight into Conors left hook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Cant believe in staying up for press conference too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

McGregor via Decision
    I think the UFC are praying for Cerrone to win (I think RDA beats him easily), sets up McGregor v Cerrone at UFC 200 for the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Camera angle showing reactions from both Conors & Aldos camps after the K.O. I think Bruce Buffers face is best to the right hand side of Aldos camp :D

https://www.facebook.com/UFConFOX/videos/483281151876864/?theater

I think john did a little poo there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

meepins wrote: »
    It could be argued that it was desperation. He looked extremely tense with eyes firmly on the floor waiting to begin the fight. I think he wasn't confident he could stand with Conor and tried to do something risky to try and get some respect and also momentum.

He ALWAYS stares at the floor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Ah I feel sorry for Aldo. That must be extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision
    Muahahaha wrote: »

In fact has Conor ever been wrong in predicting what round a fight will end? Maybe Holloway because he did his knee in?

Siver

McGregor via Decision
    The UFC will be hoping for a Cowboy win next weekend then if McGregor is moving straight up. I think dos Anjos will rag doll him (Cowboy) though. I know McGregor could sell ice to eskimos, but dos Anjos v McGregor doesn't seem like the huge draw a McGregor lightweight fight could really be.

Any thoughts on what way things will go in terms of potential opponents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Think its time we thank Jose Aldo for what he has done for featherweight fighting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Don't ever go to a soccer match. You'd be horrified. They even call people names.

Somebody please think of the children

Advertisement