Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

McGregor via Decision
    killwill wrote: »
    McGregor said he would knock Mendes out in the second

No he said he'd knock him out within 4 minutes: http://www.ibtimes.com/ufc-ill-knock-out-jose-aldo-4-minutes-conor-mcgregor-1974526

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Prediction for new P4P top 5.

1. Johnson
    2. Jones
    3. Rockhold
    4. McGregor
    5. Aldo

Jones doesn't even hold a belt.

Rockhold is a little bit of a journey man (in comparison to Conor) who has just won a belt.

Johnson decisions everybody.

Conor just knocked out the current P4P Champ in 13 seconds after dominating everybody who has faced him.

So in short, i disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    Hazys wrote: »

Rockhold is a little bit of a journey man (in comparison to Conor) who has just won a belt.

Conor just knocked out the current P4P Champ in 13 seconds after dominating everybody who has faced him.

So in short, i disagree.

Jones doesn't hold a belt but he's the badest man on earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Aldo via Submission
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Tut tut lads :P

9CedQo7.png

up there also lol but happy I lost 20yoyo on that pts bet

that'll stop all those aftertimers now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Aldo via Submission

So in short, i disagree.

rock no journey man
    don't think there's anyone to touch him in the divsion right now either
    jacare was his biggest thread imo and like someone said here earlier romero wont survive championship rounds if he has to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Wasnt expecting him to host his own press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    Ah, what a dream, Conor was amazing at the Presser, lol....heads exploding all over in the comments, love it. Can't wait for what comes next, but he has given so much to us in the inspiration and pride department, I really love him, now to sleeeeeeeeeep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision

So in short, i disagree.

Despite that fact they dont have a belt (Jones) and decision everyone (Johnson) as you say, they are currently #4 and #2 respectively. Conor will do well to leapfrog them straight into the number 1 spot.

Even after the comprehensive beating Holly Holm gave Rousey, she is still below her on the P4P rankings. Takes a lot to get to the top there.

And as for calling Rockhold a journey man, by comparison to anyone??? Jesus Christ are you serious?? If he is a journeyman, then so are 99.9999% of the entire roster. Former strikeforce champ, has beaten a who's who of MW's and just devastatingly dethroned the champ who beat Anderson Silva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    Lads dont know how ye back home are holding up but its 3:30am here and i just spilt a beer on myself and i'm going to bed

Hon da McGregor!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Man Conor literally came in and handled business for the UFC.

That was a classy press conference, he was cocky yet somehow gracious. He's actually been very zen all fight week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Aldo via Decision
    Did they touch gloves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Did they touch gloves?

No, neither even gestured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Lads dont know how ye back home are holding up but its 3:30am here and i just spilt a beer on myself and i'm going to bed

Hon da McGregor!!!!!!

Lightweight! Hope you're having an amazing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

McGregor via Decision
    smash wrote: »
    Saw a lot of comments on the AH thread like "monster punch" etc. So I was expecting some kind of spectacular swing with Aldo being left flat out. But then I watched it...

Man I'm glad I do not stay up or wake up for this kind of thing.

Not quite sure what you were expecting from 2 featherweight fighters.

That is as sweet and clean, powerful knockout as you'll see at a low weight division in UFC or boxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

McGregor via Decision
    He just crushed that press conference.
    He's always known he worth $$$$ to the UFC and he's going to make them pay every cent he's worth. He has the media and fans (myself included) screaming for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

For those of you who missed it, here's how the fight looked like, post by post, as it happened, on boards.ie- you can start "watching" on page 45 of this thread:D
    mikeruurds wrote: »
    Here we go!!!
    Wow!!

What the ****!
    Lights On wrote: »
    ****ING YES
    WTF.......................................
    Amazing!
    Billy86 wrote: »
    WWWHHHHAAATTTT!?!?!?!?!?
    ardinn wrote: »
    QWHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK
    Strider wrote: »
    What thefuuuuuuck
    Tippex wrote: »
    FOOKING BOOM
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttt
    HAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAA
    mikeruurds wrote: »
    hahahahahaha
    Holy ****!!!!!!
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    WOWWWWWWWWWWW HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
    **** me
    H
    O
    L
    Y

M
    O
    T
    H
    E
    R
    That_Guy wrote: »
    jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus
    Wtf
    nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yesssssss. Unreal!
    **** me
    sjb25 wrote: »
    Holy ****!!!!!
    jimmii wrote: »
    No fin way. Thats insane.
    siobhan08 wrote: »
    Holy F**K :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SickBoy wrote: »
    Wow! Just wow!!
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Stunning!
    Lights On wrote: »
    Don't know what's after happening tbh
    GFT wrote: »
    OOOOOOHHHHH MMYYYYYYY GOOOOODDDDDDDDD:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    robwen wrote: »
    WTF
    Holy mother of jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

McGregor via Decision
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Man Conor literally came in and handled business for the UFC.

That was a classy press conference, he was cocky yet somehow gracious. He's actually been very zen all fight week.

I really agree with this. Think that's where Ido Portal comes in I think. Conor said all the heavy training is over by the last week. So Ido probably just helps him on the lead in to the fight by keeping him loose and stretched and calm by combining yoga, and types of meditation and body and mind awareness techniques.

It may seem like mumbo jumbo but if it adds 5% to Conors ability to perform on fight night then it can make a tangible difference for him.

(Or I just made all that up because of not sleeping enough :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

McGregor via Decision
    77761.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Aldo via Submission
    So glad I didn't stay up for that. Is there anywhere I can watch the press conference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Aldo via Submission
    Is anyone else still in complete shock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

McGregor via Decision
    Tilikum wrote: »
    So glad I didn't stay up for that. Is there anywhere I can watch the press conference?

ufc youtube channel - 32mins in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/13/10021252/ufc-194-post-fight-press-conference-video

Skip through till you see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision

Seriously, the fact it was 13 secs makes it all the better. Shocked the arena. Shocked the world. Elevates McGregor to absolute super stardom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Absolutely stoked for SBG, Connor McGregor & John Kavanagh & co., you did us proud...

Éirinn go Brách

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

McGregor via Decision
    Here is my post fight article for UFC 194, including how Conor did it and what comes next. Now I'm off to get a drink, it's only 2 am in Vegas!

http://talkingbrawlsmma.com/one-night-in-vegas-conor-mcgregor-and-ufc-194/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://streamable.com/5xy5

Better length of the weigh in staredown.

McGregor looked better than any weigh in recently. What did he actually weigh in at? EDIT: 145.

Aldo looked positively giddy.

While I'd like to see a brawl, I'd absolutely piss myself laughing if it was over with the first strike, at 0:02.

Ok, so I was a few seconds out. I should really start putting money on these things.

Fair play McGregor, and hard luck to Aldo. You can see in the post fight, Aldo knows he got bate, but he really wanted a better fight. Will watch the presser later, but I expect Conor will steal the show. You really have to feel for the ones that don't have the same charisma, like Rockhold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Ok, so I was a few seconds out. I should really start putting money on these things.

Fair play McGregor, and hard luck to Aldo. You can see in the post fight, Aldo knows he got bate, but he really wanted a better fight. Will watch the presser later, but I expect Conor will steal the show. You really have to feel for the ones that don't have the same charisma, like Rockhold.

Rockhold looked so awkward at interviews all week that I thought he had written himself off.
    Some performance by him, Weimann was in bits after

Aldo via Submission
    Tut tut lads :P

9CedQo7.png

Have to say - never been so happy to be so wrong! :D
    How could you not be just delighted for him, and he handled the post presser like a total pro.

Watched the ko again. Aldo minus at least one tooth. Some shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Did the referee (accidently) kick Aldo in the face as he was pushing Conor off?

Advertisement