Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

vXuJJWZ.png

Harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

vXuJJWZ.png

Harsh.

Whats harsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

vXuJJWZ.png

Harsh.

The camera was left on by accident. Dana copped it and came in and pushed it up to the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Lol

Camera man

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    Did the referee (accidently) kick Aldo in the face as he was pushing Conor off?
    Definitely glanced him with his knee.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Whats harsh?

What he has to deal with. 3,600 odd days as champ, brushing off all comers, then it's over in 13 seconds?

What he has to deal with. 3,600 odd days as champ, brushing off all comers, then it's over in 13 seconds?

What's harsh? Thats the way it goes sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Slightly off topic, well, technically not because its about the event.

But does anyone else think that both Herb Dean, and Weidmans corner need a good harsh talking to for letting that fight continue?

Herb should have stopped it in the 3rd, and there's no way in hell should Serra and Longo have allowed Weidman out for the 4th, totally negligible if you ask me.

I did write a long winded post on Mcgregors performance, but for some reason it never posted. In fact a shed loads of my posts havent been logged for 3 weeks now?????

JustTheOne wrote: »
    What's harsh? Thats the way it goes sometimes.

Never disagreed. **** happens, life's a bitch, etc.

Doesn't stop me from feeling for the guy.

• Advertisement

Never disagreed. **** happens, life's a bitch, etc.

Doesn't stop me from feeling for the guy.

Ah yeah totally agree there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Has anyone mentioned how similar that was to Griffin Silva. I wonder did Jose get ko'd in camp...

McGregor via Decision
    So does anybody know how much he made overall? or is it too early to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    py2006 wrote: »
    So does anybody know how much he made overall? or is it too early to say?

Too early to say. I'm sure we'll hear something on Monday. Fair to say it's a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

cronin_j wrote: »
    The camera was left on by accident. Dana copped it and came in and pushed it up to the ceiling.
    no he didn't.
    Dana was on the opposite side of the room with Lorenzo and was looking at the ground when the camera moved.
    it was done mechanically by someone remotely controlling it, just like it was being moved earlier in the night.

1:54:00 here:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

The gate was 10.1 million

McGregor via Decision
    Ah they shouldn't show that locker room footage at all. Thats a private moment. I felt sorry for Aldo loosing like that. It must be extremely frustrating to train and prepare for so long to it to end so quickly like that.

Watching that footage, I feel even more sorry for him.

Take nothing away from Conor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

McGregor via Decision
    I'm delighted for Conor, no more than he deserves for all his hard work and dedication.

I'm even more delighted that his army of begrudgers over here are cursing into their Cornflakes this morning. Eat up lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I presume the camera is for transparency sake, although Aldo's coach covers up the camera with a towel for about an hour before the fight, which probably doesn't help the PED rumours around him.
    just happened to be the same coach who said juiced fighters are good for the sport and put on better shows than non-juiced ones.

McGregor via Decision
    Doesn't appear to be any footage from Conors locker room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

McGregor via Decision
    That footage is tough - Is the blonde wan his missus - notice she is constantly drying her nose - not her eyes - Looks like a right fiend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Aldo via Decision
    I wanted Aldo to win, still in shock I think. Nearly a year of anticipation all for nothing – Aldo has only himself and his team to blame. I thought the only way he could win this fight was to take it to the ground – he would have the clear advantage here, go for the TKO or Sub or ride out a decision. Standing with McGregor would only end one way.

I caught a bit of this training before and saw him drilling sub’s. I’ve now just watched it all and his team were planning on actually trying to stand with Conor…. Completely stupid.

Looks like he wanted to;
    Kick the lead leg, then go for the other leg in quick succession.
    Try to do quick jabs and then take downs.
    His usual mix of combos.
    Lots of pivoting to try stop Conor’s kicks.
    Attempt to dodge the straight left.

Focus should have been exactly like Maia, shoot for TD straight away. Looking at how the fight played out and what his game plan was I don’t see him winning any re-match at all. Conor will do the exact same to him maybe a bit slower. Aldo and his team had the completely wrong plan and he deserved the loss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I fell asleep and missed it all :mad:

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I fell asleep and missed it all :mad:

If ya sneezed you would have missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Aldo via Decision
    isn't that how he approaches all his fights though??
    Yes.

McGregor via Decision

linky no worky

I wanted Aldo to win, still in shock I think. Nearly a year of anticipation all for nothing – Aldo has only himself and his team to blame. I thought the only way he could win this fight was to take it to the ground – he would have the clear advantage here, go for the TKO or Sub or ride out a decision. Standing with McGregor would only end one way.

McGregor beat Mendes on the floor and besides Aldo is not that type of fighter.

Will Aldo fight Frankie Edgar now for the interim belt with the winner fighting Conor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

McGregor via Decision

Will Aldo fight Frankie Edgar now for the interim belt with the winner fighting Conor?

Why would Aldo fight Frankie Edgar now for the interim belt? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

So, who won?

Advertisement