Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Are people forgetting Conor already beat Max?

All about the kaching. Everyone who is everyone is looking to fight Mcgregor because even to get whooped is probably worth some wedge. Funnily enough no one called out Aldo within the last year despite him being number one for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Depp wrote: »
    precision beats power!

And timing beats speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Are people forgetting Conor already beat Max?

Both fighters have progressed since but I don't think it'll happen considering that Edgar is next in line and Aldo will most certainly be in contention before Max.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Trust an Irish person to bring this up. Does it bother you that much?

Exactly, who gives a shíte about those eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Still speechless :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Aldo via Submission
    Lads what was the craic with Aldo when he entered the ring? His body language said he didn't want to be there or is he normally like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

GFT wrote: »
    Some people are really clutching at straws to undermine conors win. Face it lads mcgregor is here to stay.

It's unreal, so far I've seen...

Aldo slipped
    It was stopped too soon
    "He clearly wasn't knocked out"
    It was fixed
    It wasn't a real fight
    Edgar will beat him

It reminds me of the quiz episode on The Office - We could settle it by letting Aldo throw a shoe over a building, if he does it, he wins the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    madcabbage wrote: »
    Lads what was the craic with Aldo when he entered the ring? His body language said he didn't want to be there or is he normally like that?

He always does it, he doesn't look at his opponent until the bell goes.

Edit - I do agree though it did seem a bit off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    madcabbage wrote: »

Very much the norm, doesn't make eye contact at all generally.

It was unusual to see him make eye contact at the weigh in etc, he is an introvert.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    Essien wrote: »
    It's unreal, so far I've seen...

Aldo slipped
    It was stopped too soon
    "He clearly wasn't knocked out"
    It was fixed
    It wasn't a real fight
    Edgar will beat him

It reminds me of the quiz episode on The Office - We could settle it by letting Aldo throw a shoe over a building, if he does it, he wins the fight.

its quare sad that that'd be all youd have to worry about and to be honest i pity anyone who cant enjoy what happened this morning, very proud to have been born on this little island right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    LiveLeak-dot-com-c2f_1450002211-Screenshot_2015-12-13-05-22-57-1_1450002229.png?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bdd2964d45dddf457c&ec_rate=230

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

mrcheez wrote: »
    So have the English press claimed him as fully British yet?

The British rag newspapers can't get away with that anymore, so they have taken to comparing him to the Pikie in Snatch. Typical .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    Isaiah wrote: »
    The British rag newspapers can't get away with that anymore, so they have taken to comparing him to the Pikie in Snatch. Typical .

you could do worse than be compared to brad pitt! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What is Max playing at? He would stand Zero chance against Conor. Its either Franky next or conor moves up a weight. I have no interest in seeing Conor Vs Max

Holloway is trying to sell himself. He brought McGregor to a decision. They've all seen what the being able to sell yourself gets you, and they want a piece of the champ.

Does he deserve it? Not for me to say. But you can't blame a man for trying to emulate Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Whosthis wrote: »
    he spoke about it in an interview after the fight. It was reopened in a clash of heads in the gym, he said the patch up after the clash of heads wasn't great and he's going to get a proper job done on it now.

What I like there is how respectful and thoughtful he can be.
    He let's himself down with the taunting when it goes too far. He doesn't need to do it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

He let's himself down with the taunting when it goes too far. He doesn't need to do it IMO.

10.1 million gate says otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Shocked there was no glove touch by the way. McGregor offers his gloves before every fight but perhaps he was waiting for Aldo to make the first move.

10.1 million gate says otherwise.

Exactly, in an individual combat sport you need the likes of Fury or Mcgregor getting the bums on seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's a tactic that's been used for an extremely long time. Even Muhammed Ali was a fan of bigging himself up and putting down his opponent before the fight started.

Mind games can pretty much win a fight for you if done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    Shocked there was no glove touch by the way. McGregor offers his gloves before every fight but perhaps he was waiting for Aldo to make the first move.

Dont think so bud. In the UFC alone I know he didn't offer the glove to poirier and AFAIR he didnt offer the glove to Dave Hill either to mention just two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    Conor McGregor

16 mins ·

Thank you for all the kind messages!
    I am extremely grateful and proud to be in the position I am in.
    To the naked eye it was 13 seconds, but to my team and my family it has been a lifetime of work to get to that 13 seconds.
    Congratulations to the staff at the UFC on a historic week in the sports history and an amazing 2015 for the company.
    It is an honor to be playing a part in this great companies continued growth and success and an honor to top off a phenomenal week in the sports history.

Thank you to all the fans who travelled and made this week what it was!!
    The traveling Irish are untouchable when it comes to creating the atmosphere needed to make a week like this what it was!!
    I am forever blown away by the support of my country. We have changed the game forever!!!

Respect to a great champion in Jose Aldo. The true greats will always overcome adversity.
    I wish him and his loyal team well on their journey back. Much respect.

Thank you all!!!

(via FB)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Amazingfun wrote: »
    (via FB)

Classy by Conor in fairness nice to see that side of him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    Watching the middleweight fight back again, how Dean doesn't stop that in the 3rd is beyond me, surely meme worthy anyway :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Surreal night.

13 seconds.....It's so special it kind if makes up for the lack of a real fight...but there's obviously that disappointment as an MMA fan first and foremost that we didn't see a few rounds. Great for the LW and BW division obviously, opens up so many fights. I hope Conor fights as often as he says he will.

McGregor via Decision
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Dont think so bud. In the UFC alone I know he didn't offer the glove to poirier and AFAIR he didnt offer the glove to Dave Hill either to mention just two.

You're right of course. Not sure how I forgot about the Poirier one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Depp wrote: »
    nice try buddy

Nice try?? Buddy??? I don't understand what you mean. I don't think it is fair to hit someone when they are down. It is cowardly and is nothing to be proud of. I have heard McGregor blowing his mouth off recently and wondered who he was. When I saw the clip of yesterday's eh ...fight I thought to myself what a load of cobblers. Handbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    Love JKs face there says it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    bobbyss wrote: »
    Nice try?? Buddy??? I don't understand what you mean. I don't think it is fair to hit someone when they are down. It is cowardly and is nothing to be proud of. I have heard McGregor blowing his mouth off recently and wondered who he was. When I saw the clip of yesterday's eh ...fight I thought to myself what a load of cobblers. Handbags.

If you got hit by one of those handbags you would know about it. If you're going to comment in an MMA forum its best to know how the sport works before knocking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

Advertisement