Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

lordmayor@dublincity.ie is the email address for the lord mayor I would ask every here to drop a quick email to her and ask will/when Conor mcgregor getting a home coming

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

bobbyss wrote: »
    Thank you for the rules. (Just because there are rules allowing you to hit someone when they rare down does not make it any more acceptable to me.)

I did actually say that I knew very little about this so your last sentence is completely correct-except the bit about it being a sport.

Just because I don't know much about this does not mean I can not offer my opinion on it. My opinion is informed by what I saw. All 13 seconds of it.

I think that hitting someone on the ground is unfair, unmanly and ignoble and I don't think this 'sport' is a an activity that children should be watching on TV or worse still participating in. Did I see blood on the ring floor? (Do children participate in this? Are there clubs for this sort of thing? What age do you have to be to join if there are?)

An activity (sport?) whose purpose is to hurt another human being brings no credit on those who participate in it.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong you are. But there is absolutely no value to you coming into an mma forum purely to slate the sport. Therefore, I'll have to ask you not to post in here anymore if you plan on posting in the same manner. If you need further clarification then send me a pm. Don't discuss it on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

py2006 wrote: »

They must have made a pile !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Depp wrote: »
    no one here cares what you think, goodbye

Thank you for your reply.

If you do not value my opinion why did you bother to respond at all! That seems an odd thing to do!

How do you know that no one cares what I think? That is an illogical thing to say.

Thankfully you will not be responding, as you have already said your goodbyes.
    Once again anyway,
    thank you for your response.
    Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

pgj2015 wrote:
    glad i didn't pay for that fiasco.
    And yet you spent the whole night crying about getting a free stream...

McGregor via Decision
    Can't believe I am still up!! :eek:

*thinking for going for a quick pint now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    py2006 wrote: »
    Can't believe I am still up!! :eek:

*thinking for going for a quick pint now :P

I know dont know how im still standing either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    Reaction of the night :D

buffer.0.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

How much money did McGregor make his 13 seconds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision
    Buffer isn't surprised one bit...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm a relative newbie to MMA, I've only been watching since Lesnar joined the UFC, even then it was only occasionally. I really got into it because of Conor the last 18 months or so and can't get enough of it now.

I can't believe the amount of people complaining about staying up for the fight. It was a great card with some class fights and those 13 seconds were crazy, my heart hasn't pounded that fast in years. I waited up for TUF finale Friday night too so had a total of about 4 hours sleep all weekend and see it as being well worth it.

I also can't believe the questions being asked on here...... 10 count when you're down, does a quick KO bring the legitimacy of the sport into question, are they all wimps etc. I'd imagine there are a lot of trolls on here more so than people willing to criticise without even knowing the basics.

Am I rambling now? Sleep deprivation can do odd things to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

$500k flat fee, that doesnt include his share of the ppv buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Byron Low Topcoat

Aldo via Submission
    empacher wrote: »
    Anderson silva. Knocked our chris leben in 49 secs in his ufc debut. Immediate title shot. Knocked out rich franklin in the first.

Not taking anything away from mc Gregor. Either way both were as impressive as each other.

silvas probably the greatest ufc fighter ever if mcgregor can be a patch on him he's doing a-ok

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

McGregor via Decision

Estimates it will come in about $275k per second

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McGregor via Decision
    great to see Conor get recognition as the first slot on the RTE Sports news.

Has there been anymore comment on the post fight conference? I'd heard that post fight Dana put it out there that if he goes up to 155 he surrenders his belt but then in the presser Conor made it crystal clear that there is no way he is surrendering the belt and wants to fight for both of them. If what Dana said post fight is true then did Conor fire a shot across his bows in the presser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision
    Anderson is currently in my opinion, the greatest ever fighter to fight in MMA. Conor has a long way to go but he is very young. I have no doubt he will be one of the greats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

silvas probably the greatest ufc fighter ever if mcgregor can be a patch on him he's doing a-ok

Jon jones is the best of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Thank you for the rules. (Just because there are rules allowing you to hit someone when they rare down does not make it any more acceptable to me.)

I did actually say that I knew very little about this so your last sentence is completely correct-except the bit about it being a sport.

Just because I don't know much about this does not mean I can not offer my opinion on it. My opinion is informed by what I saw. All 13 seconds of it.

I think that hitting someone on the ground is unfair, unmanly and ignoble and I don't think this 'sport' is a an activity that children should be watching on TV or worse still participating in. Did I see blood on the ring floor? (Do children participate in this? Are there clubs for this sort of thing? What age do you have to be to join if there are?)

An activity (sport?) whose purpose is to hurt another human being brings no credit on those who participate in it.
    Most people would come to the conclusion that your opinion is nonsense though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »

And that is a categorical indisputable fact? Thanks for clearing that up for us. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GOAT thread is elsewhere btw! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    GFT wrote: »
    Anderson is currently in my opinion, the greatest ever fighter to fight in MMA. Conor has a long way to go but he is very young. I have no doubt he will be one of the greats.

I would have agreed with you until he got popped for PEDs, you can't possibly be considered the best if you get caught juicing. Blank mark over his career now imo. Jones is the best fighter on the planet, and will go down as the best ever. But it Conor manages to win the lightweight belt which I think he's more than capable of doing then it'll be close at the top between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

McGregor via Decision
    Apparently conor made £1 million per second of that fight. (So jealous)

I suppose he will be buying that monkey he promised on the jimmy kimmel show haha

McGregor via Decision
    According to Benchwarmers, he got 1 million pound for every sec???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Aldo made an aweful cock of that fight. Connor's hands are lethal, that's the one thing he's proven over and over again. I was expecting that to be a war, it's pretty disappointing to see it end so quick but you just can't take risks like that around a fighter with conner's level of boxing skills.

I'd like to see a rematch at some stage, I do think Aldo can put up a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Aldo via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    I would have agreed with you until he got popped for PEDs, you can't possibly be considered the best if you get caught juicing. Blank mark over his career now imo. Jones is the best fighter on the planet, and will go down as the best ever. But it Conor manages to win the lightweight belt which I think he's more than capable of doing then it'll be close at the top between the two.

As Greatest of All Time? Way too early for Conor to be considered for that even if he wins the lightweight belt. Where does poor ol' GSP fit in??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Anderson Silva's legacy has been seriously tainted after his positive tests for the Diaz fight. Does anyone seriously think that was the first time? His whole legacy is a fraud IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    Apparently conor made £1 million per second of that fight. (So jealous)

I would not be at all surprised. Conservative estimates put him earning 6 million plus for the Mendes fight.

You can be guaranteed he was getting an even bigger bite of the PPV pie this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »

And it's not even close.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision
    John_D80 wrote: »
    I would not be at all surprised. Conservative estimates put him earning 6 million plus for the Mendes fight.

Was it really that much??

Advertisement