Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aldo via Submission
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    Apparently conor made £1 million per second of that fight. (So jealous)

I suppose he will be buying that monkey he promised on the jimmy kimmel show haha
    py2006 wrote: »
    According to Benchwarmers, he got 1 million pound for every sec???

Sure anyone can go and make up nice round numbers for the craic McGregor and Dana White don't even know how much he has made from it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Frankie didn't beat him??? Frankie lost by unanimous decision.

Pretty sure the poster was referring to both McGregor and Edgar finishing Mendes, not Aldo. It just reads a little strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    Was it really that much??

No one outside of the UFC brass and Conor's inner circle will ever really know for certain how much he really makes to be fair. But the money to be made from PPV's is staggering and dwarfs his basic pay.

Even as challenger I would bet that Conor was on a far greater PPV deal than Aldo last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    As Greatest of All Time? Way too early for Conor to be considered for that even if he wins the lightweight belt. Where does poor ol' GSP fit in??

That's why I said if he manages to win the lightweight title and hold two belts then there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he could be considered for it behind Jones. Jones will take back his belt, then go on to win the Heavyweight belt. GSP would be up there aswell but Jones is way out in front of anyone imo.

McGregor via Decision
    jimmii wrote: »
    Sure anyone can go and make up nice round numbers for the craic McGregor and Dana White don't even know how much he has made from it right now.

They dont know to the penny but they could certainly give a good estimate, even this early on.

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    John_D80 wrote: »
    They dont know to the penny but they could certainly give a good estimate, even this early on.

They probably have a rough idea of what it might be but I doubt they were like ah yeh lets wake up tomorrow and count up the money and then we'll email benchwarmers and let them know what sort of number we think we made last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Just to point out that bjj win over cobrinha really came in handy last night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

My take on it

Was definately a well matched fight, this wasn't a fixed 'conor will win' match. In the interview Aldo states he was caught twice, which most people missed. He stuck is neck out and was punished.

He never looked like he wanted to be there. McGregor mouthing 'I'm coming for ya' before the start was brilliant.

Yep, a 3 round slugfest may have been brilliant but we all saw history with that fight.

McGregor via Decision
    They probably have a rough idea of what it might be but I doubt they were like ah yeh lets wake up tomorrow and count up the money and then we'll email benchwarmers and let them know what sort of number we think we made last night.

Of course not but the media dont need to have a man on the inside to speculate at the kind of deal McGregors is on. And we already know it was the biggest seller of the year and possibly ever.

I would not be surprised if it was 13m but more lkely somewhere between 8 and 10.

Aldo via Submission
    Of course not but the media dont need to have a man on the inside to speculate at the kind of deal McGregors is on. And we already know it was the biggest seller of the year and possibly ever.

I would not be surprised if it was 13m but more lkely somewhere between 8 and 10.

Basically its a fin load of money no matter how much it is! I just don't see the point in speculating though really people just making up numbers from nowhere just for the craic or to get views. Guess the bigger the number in the article the more people will read it. I guess its just one of those things people like to do something happened better put a number on it people like numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

$500k flat fee, that doesnt include his share of the ppv buys.
    My goodness me.
    So much for so little.

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Anyone else think this broke the PPV buys record? Id say it's going to be close but the hype behind this was mental.

Aldo via Submission
    bobbyss wrote: »
    My goodness me.
    So much for so little.

As he said himself he's worked his whole life for that. Its a lot of money but its earnt from a hell of a lot of hours in the gym and dedicating virtually every moment outside of it to the lifestyle as well.

Aldo via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Anyone else think this broke the PPV buys record? Id say it's going to be close but the hype behind this was mental.

If any event is going to beat 100 its going to be this one. Massive hype massive card it will be interesting to see when the numbers come out.

Can see Conor clearing 15 20mill a fight from here on in,deserves every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    Could there potentially be Rousy V Holm and Aldo V Conor rematches on the one night?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

McGregor via Decision
    Basically its a fin load of money no matter how much it is! I just don't see the point in speculating though really people just making up numbers from nowhere just for the craic or to get views. Guess the bigger the number in the article the more people will read it. I guess its just one of those things people like to do something happened better put a number on it people like numbers.

Forbe have done a reasonable job of guestimating - http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattconnolly/2015/12/13/ufc-194-conor-mcgregor-breaks-ronda-rouseys-earnings-per-second-record-with-quick-ko-win/

Aldo via Submission
    Could there potentially be Rousy V Holm and Aldo V Conor rematches on the one night?? :P

UFC 200 it could happen! If it was straight into a rematch that might allow McGregor to take a pop at 155 in the mean time if he really wanted to seems unlikely though but would make for some event! May as well throw Weidman v Rockhold 2 in for the craic as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Aldo via Submission

I don't see Conor waiting until July. I might end up being wrong. Seems like a long layoff and I would imagine he'll want to stay active.

Aldo via KO/TKO
    https://twitter.com/FunkMaster_UFC/status/675917664485638145

This wouldn't be to far off reality I'd imagine, love Sterling hes going to have a belt of his own soon enough.

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FunkMaster_UFC/status/675917664485638145

This wouldn't be to far off reality I'd imagine, love Sterling hes going to have a belt of his own soon enough.

Well if people are looking at making a James Vardy film then only a matter of time until someone says they'll do a McGregor one! You can be sure he'd want to play himself!

I presume he has a crew following him for another documentary? noticed it in the back round of the build up a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Remember in October when people thought McGregor doing a couple of nightclub appearances and a Q&A session would impact on his preparation for this fight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Is there a video of him celebrating in front of Aldos corner? Doing the "making it rain" gesture, they didn't look too happy with him at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    Remember in October when people thought McGregor doing a couple of nightclub appearances and a Q&A session would impact on his preparation for this fight. :pac:

Surprisingly they haven't posted much since the KO.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Paully D wrote: »

That was me:)

LoL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

No one outside of the UFC brass and Conor's inner circle will ever really know for certain how much he really makes to be fair. But the money to be made from PPV's is staggering and dwarfs his basic pay.

Even as challenger I would bet that Conor was on a far greater PPV deal than Aldo last night.

He will be making a truck load of cash from Reebok who have moved recently into the sport .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    I thought Aldo was very disrespectful after the fight, but still it's sad to see people elsewhere laughing at the pictures of him in his dressing room after the fight. No need for that crap at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

GFT wrote: »
    Surprisingly they haven't posted much since the KO.:D:D

I have and ill gladly say I was wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision

3 fights for Conor in 2016...

Advertisement