Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Aldo via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wiedman's spinning kick was atrocious!

I hope that replay haunts him in his sleep. He was never going to knock him out or even hurt him so why try something flashy? It was as dumb as Chael Sonnen's spinning back fist. Just stick to what you know.

If there was ever an easy moment to define where someone lost the fight, that was it.

Gamebred wrote: »
    The 4 guys in particular are the most bland guys in the sport,same with DJ his numbers are pathetic for such a dominant champion because he has no personality thus he has no right to demand the money I think Conor is demanding and deserving of,

I have actually met 2 of the 4 mentioned and can confirm they have no charisma btw

I'm not saying a mouth piece is a good thing but I see what gamebred is saying, correct, they're all all boring as hell. Sure isnt charisma and smack talk backed up with skill exactly how ortiz dragged the UFC up by the bootstraps?? it's also why they were over the moon when brock was champ.

it's not cool to be rude and obnoxious but you need to stand out in that game, if you skill make you unique then a great persona makes you highly prized and market worthy, sure why else would mcgregor have the lucrative deals he has so quickly.

I think lots of the current crop are terrible in terms of making things exciting. accept faber!! Faber has a special place in my heart after that conor encounter outside the jacks, he's a kid in awe of conor and just cant believe how damn unlucky he was not having that skill!! funny little fecker he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

McGregor via Decision
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

kettlehead wrote: »
    giphy.gif

The guy in the middle having a meltdown. Priceless:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Any gifs going around of weidmans kick? Fairly sure that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

• Advertisement

I noticed conor flipping them the fingers afterward on the ringside. I'd say that was because they were trying to intimidate him at the weight ins walking out. He was well able but how sweet a response was that to their vitriol!!

ha ha ha ha yer man literally eating his hat in the middle of jose's corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

kettlehead wrote: »
    giphy.gif

lol look at the background when the lights come on.

Like a surprise birthday party

Aldo via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Any gifs going around of weidmans kick? Fairly sure that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

giphy.gif

One of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

McGregor via Decision
    i see aldo didn't say what the translator told us.

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/joe-rogan-apologises-to-jose-aldo/31686
    According to various people online, the actual translation of the opening answer was closer to:

"I believe that after this fight we have to go for a rematch, it's not done yet. He got me with a good shot and was able to finish the fight."

Can we take back the boos?

Aldo via Submission
    arayess wrote: »
    i see aldo didn't say what the translator told us.

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/joe-rogan-apologises-to-jose-aldo/31686

Can we take back the boos?

Why anyone would boo him in the first place I'll never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

McGregor via Decision
    That kick was Pendred-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

McGregor via Decision
    Anyone heard from Joe Riggs since the fight?

https://streamable.com/pbg9

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

Dana white says he can see conor fighting 3 times in 2016

Ideally it would be

Conor v frankie edgar
    Conor v 155 title holder
    Conor v aldo December 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    rusty cole wrote: »
    I noticed conor flipping them the fingers afterward on the ringside. I'd say that was because they were trying to intimidate him at the weight ins walking out. He was well able but how sweet a response was that to their vitriol!!

He wasn't flipping them off.

They were trying to intimidate him?!? :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Rockhold managed around 92 strikes while in mount for 1 minute and 9 seconds, at the end of the third round, apparently.

No idea how it wasn't stopped. Also not sure how Weidman actually stayed conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I hope that replay haunts him in his sleep. He was never going to knock him out or even hurt him so why try something flashy? It was as dumb as Chael Sonnen's spinning back fist. Just stick to what you know.

If there was ever an easy moment to define where someone lost the fight, that was it.

For the uninitiated. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

McGregor via Decision
    Just checked this morning on UFC.com and the P4P hasn't changed and neither has the rankings for Featherweight....you would think that it would be updated much quicker...

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

Aldo via Decision
    Knex. wrote: »
    Rockhold managed around 92 strikes while in mount for 1 minute and 9 seconds, at the end of the third round, apparently.

No idea how it wasn't stopped. Also not sure how Weidman actually stayed conscious.

It looked, and still looks incredible! Dean literally just stood there and watched, Chris was offering nothing in return just trying to cover up and getting pounded. I think it should have been stopped. They also shouldn't have sent him back out for the next round, the fight was over. They were lucky serious damage wasn't done.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

markc2951 wrote: »
    Dana white says he can see conor fighting 3 times in 2016

Ideally it would be

Conor v frankie edgar
    Conor v 155 title holder
    Conor v aldo December 2016

no way they allow him to go straight in with a title shot at 155.

Aldo via KO/TKO
    giphy.gif

One of the dumbest decisions I've seen in a fight

This still has me baffled, he didn't even put full whack into it or follow through. Absolutely delighted for Rockhold though, man's class.

• Advertisement

Aldo via Decision

Why?

I'd say he is nailed on for a title shot in his first fight at 155 tbh

Aldo via KO/TKO

Dana already said if he goes to 155 he's getting an immediate title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Why?

I'd say he is nailed on for a title shot in his first fight at 155 tbh

ASOT wrote: »
    Dana already said if he goes to 155 he's getting an immediate title shot.

Dana also said he wouldn't let him fight at lightweight unless he vacates featherweight, but still though, I'm pretty surprised by this. I'd imagine all 155 fighters would be pretty pissed off as well. I'd have him fight at least one top 6 lightweight first before offering him a title shot.

Aldo via KO/TKO
    Dana also said he wouldn't let him fight at lightweight unless he vacates featherweight, but still though, I'm pretty surprised by this. I'd imagine all 155 fighters would be pretty pissed off as well. I'd have him fight at least one top 6 lightweight first before offering him a title shot.

They can be pissed all they want but champion v champion fights is what will bring in the $$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Just checked this morning on UFC.com and the P4P hasn't changed and neither has the rankings for Featherweight....you would think that it would be updated much quicker...

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

The rankings update on Mondays.
    Interesting to see where Conor goes in the P4P list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Aldo via Submission
    rusty cole wrote: »

As someone posted earlier in the thread, not so sure that was directed at Aldo's corner. Tj Dillashaw was sitting at that side so possibly directed at him? Not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

McGregor via Decision
    Why anyone would boo him in the first place I'll never know

i agree 100%

An excuse was made they didn't like what he said after that it "wasn't really a fight" hence I posted that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

"The outspoken athlete [McGregor] who won more recognition from his provocations than by knockouts, will now be treated as a sport myth until the day that is defeated in the UFC."

A quote from the Brazilian media (sports newspaper o globo)

WholePessimisticHyrax.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

McGregor via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    "The outspoken athlete [McGregor] who won more recognition from his provocations than by knockouts, will now be treated as a sport myth until the day that is defeated in the UFC."

A quote from the Brazilian media (sports newspaper o globo)

If people ever wondered if rags existed outside of Ireland and the UK there ya have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Our/another reaction video to the win. Starts at the 1:00 minute mark.

Advertisement