Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The fanbase he has is crazy the russians like em :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    CWIYOZrU4AAq216.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Gamebred wrote: »

that's fair enough though. they're the lucky ones. they don't have to listen to his drivel :pac:

McGregor via Decision

Hah, your man in the middle thinks he's Conor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

py2006 wrote: »
    CWIYOZrU4AAq216.jpg

Great pic.

Just shows conors point when all the media hype and bs is done its just the two of them in there ready to go toe to toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

McGregor via Decision
    Why anyone would boo him in the first place I'll never know

Right. The abuse Jose got when in Dublin was embarrassing. Here we have an all time great and the worst of the worst are screaming nonsense at him.

"Best fans in the world"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision

That's class! He's got a bit of a Viking look on top of the whole McGregor shtick in the media which helps him even more at attracting fans in Europe I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

McGregor via Submission
    kettlehead wrote: »
    Right. The abuse Jose got when in Dublin was embarrassing. Here we have an all time great and the worst of the worst are screaming nonsense at him.

"Best fans in the world"

Eh, did you see the abuse Conor was getting from Joses fans in Brazil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

McGregor via Decision
    that's fair enough though. they're the lucky ones. they don't have to listen to his drivel :pac:

My missus is Czech and from Karlovy Vary. Filled with rich Russkies, Arabs and yanks. When I visited it used to be Guinness, you guys hate Britain right and occasionally Roy Keane.

Now they all bring up Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO
    https://streamable.com/tsk5

This is the best McGregor video you'll see, what a champ and what a rise to stardom. Best bit of the video is at the end.... "Ireland baby we did it!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Aldo via Submission
    Lights On wrote: »
    Eh, did you see the abuse Conor was getting from Joses fans in Brazil :D

I wonder why.

Name the last opponent of Aldo that got as much shít as Conor did

McGregor via Decision
    Benchwamers posted this:

12359883_857956580981451_3532190096644861838_n.jpg?oh=6fd0c04f04d112475d4b0000b33eca44&oe=5721CA60&__gda__=1458067921_29d97d38158276a79cbec46fada27371

Who's David Halfstack?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Maybe it was just a bad judgement call by Dean, he knew the end of the round was close so let it go on but the end was just a little bit too far away. Weidman wasn't doing much to help himself though so it should have been stopped on those grounds alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I wonder why.

name the last opponent of Aldo's who disrespected him and the whole of Brazil as much as Conor. works both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

can we all just take a moment to laugh at the poor unfortunates who believe UFC is fixed :D

Watching aldo drop from Conors beautiful left to the chin is a beautiful thing as the man himself would say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I don't give a toss what anyone says, this was an awesome display from McGregor not matter how long it lasted.

Lets just recap for a moment, Conor knocked out one of the best fighters UFC and MMA have seen in recent years with one punch. At the time, the current world champion. Out cold. In 13 seconds. Lights out. Party's over. See ya later.

I truly believe he would have beaten Aldo no matter if it had gone the distance. He was so mentally ready for the fight, the physical really meant very little. Goes to show how much the right psychology plays in this sport.

Well done Conor. Great achievement after all these years of training, dedication & sacrifice.

And respect to Aldo, this guy is (possibly was) a great fighter and a great champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

McGregor via Decision
    Is it more likely that Edgar will fight McGregor next or could he fight Aldo if McGregor's next fight is up a division?

Will be interesting to see how Aldo performs after this if it is not a rematch, how much it will effect him mentally, or will he come back rejuvenated from the loss as McGregor predicts.

Is it more likely that Edgar will fight McGregor next or could he fight Aldo if McGregor's next fight is up a division?

Will be interesting to see how Aldo performs after this if it is not a rematch, how much it will effect him mentally, or will he come back rejuvenated from the loss as McGregor predicts.

There is a decent chance Aldo will not fight again imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO

I was thinking that myself but he said this morning that he's going straight back to the gym. This could have been the best possible thing to happen to Aldo, like mcgregor said he was stagnating this could push him on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Stayed up for the fight , was well worth it, card itself had plenty of good fights on.

Maybe we all would have liked it to go on a little longer but personally I was delighted for him that he done it the way he did , unbelievable...it was one of those moments you won't forget.

For people saying it was a fix or asking questions like why wasn't he counted out , or the ref stopped it too quick etc go back to bed lads. Absolute clean KO , he had every right to continue to pound Aldo on the ground until the ref said stop, Aldo hadn't a clue where he was.

And for all Conor's 'talk' and 'disrespect' and 'arrogance' It was actually Aldo that ended up coming accross as that , both himself post fight and from his camp...clown , joker , clueless I'm delighted for Conor that he done what he done , what can you say now? Aldo went in with a gameplan to stand toe to toe and trade blows and that's what happened him, his camp have to take some blame on that , maybe being champion 10 years , maybe he actually believed he could beat Conor standing up but he's been brought down to reality now with a bang. In saying that he has been amazing these past 10 years and I hope he recovers and comes back.

Had bags under my eyes all day yesturday but would have been raging if I didn't see that live and for myself.

I think if Cerrone wins , Conor fights him...if he loses he fights Edgar next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/tsk5

This is the best McGregor video you'll see, what a champ and what a rise to stardom. Best bit of the video is at the end.... "Ireland baby we did it!"

How can you deny the bloke is dues after seeing that. Inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Was just going to say the same thing. Chances are Aldo will bow out. Either way I don't see him being afforded the opportunity before Edgar gets a crack, Aldo in recent years hasn't really been the marketing tool UFC wanted. Edgar and Mcgregor would imo be a bigger draw that a rematch with Aldo

yeah im getting annoyed with idiots saying ah that wasn't a fight. so a huge promotion, a record of knockout wins, a year in the making and on and on... then a ref in the middle, the world holds its breath... fro 13 seconds!!!

if you dont know you're in a fight at that stage, when de fcuk do ya?? aldo knew the stakes, as did all of us. we just did not expect it to end as quick or clean!! fools rush in as they say, he simply didnt think conor had anything for him! bad planning played a huge part. I was surprised he didnt start with leg licks to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    I wonder why.

every opponent hes ever had perhaps? brazillian fans are nuts, they shout ''youre gonna die'' from the crowd like can you imagine that being done in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Aldo via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    every opponent hes ever had perhaps? brazillian fans are nuts, they shout ''youre gonna die'' from the crowd like can you imagine that being done in dublin?

You saw the mess in dublin on the last promotional tour right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Depp wrote: »

UFC 200 headliner just announced... http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/12/14/ufc-200-headliners-announced-mcgregor-vs-isis/

McGregor via Decision
    I think when people say it wasn't a fight they mean they wanted to see it lasting longer with the pair having a good go at each other.

It was a great win for Conor but it would have been a hell of a lot more satisfying if saw the two exchange blows for a bit.

When he ko's Edgar he will safely go down as the best 145er of all time,Aldos legacy will be sadly forgotten about IMO,I will look kindly on Jose's career but I fear history wont.

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    I think when people say it wasn't a fight they mean they wanted to see it lasting longer with the pair having a good go at each other.

It was a great win for Conor but it would have been a hell of a lot more satisfying if saw the two exchange blows for a bit.

From them few seconds you can only guess Aldo was planning on standing in the pocket winging combinations at Conor for the night,anyone can get clipped but I think he'd of been picked off in no time fighting recklessly if it wasnt the first exchange would have been pretty early with them tactics.

Advertisement