Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Nobody has forgotten Ronda, don't be so stupid.

Nobody cares about her,her invincible aura is gone nobody is dying for her to come back or is even giving her a chance in a rematch shes the girl that got schooled and head kicked not the one who destroyed all opposition before the holm fight,them wins have been put down as joke opponents,same way aldos will now IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    he is the joke of social media,his 10 years mean absolutely nothing people are tearing him apart same way rondas legacy disappeared in 2 rounds,nobody remembers her wins already,shes an internet meme same way aldo will end up being IMO.

Ronda was and is a fantastic Athlete and will be remembered as such,regardless of how she was dethroned as champ, but no real MMA fan would put her in the same bracket as Aldo. Absolutely insane to suggest that his legacy is destroyed.

No real fan either, would give even the slightest credence to something as childish as ''internet meme's'' as a way of discrediting one of the greatest Mixed Martial Artists ever. Surprised that you would offer this an explanation for your thinking really.

His legacy is absolutely intact and unblemished.

EazyD wrote: »
    Make it a closed club then? That'll definitely attract more viewers and fans to the sport. I don't agree with what a lot of people say on here but it's called respecting other opinions.

Its a known fact if you dont agree with someone on here you just reply with a ''you cant be serious'' post instead of actually giving an opinion on it and discussing it,everyone is entitled to an opinion if you dont agree reply as to why or dont reply at all keep on scrolling past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Aldo via Submission
    Nobody cares about her,her invincible aura is gone nobody is dying for her to come back or is even giving her a chance in a rematch shes the girl that got schooled and head kicked not the one who destroyed all opposition before the holm fight,them wins have been put down as joke opponents,same way aldos will now IMO

I do realise you might be schizophrenic considering the absolute ridiculousness of your posts hence the "we" as you simply do not know what others think...but you are 100% wrong. You are implying that whatever your mind thinks is true for everyone else which is pretty pathetic and highly flawed.

Well this is wrong.

Point well made,good man.

• Advertisement

I do realise you might be schizophrenic considering the absolute ridiculousness of your posts hence the "we" as you simply do not know what others think...but you are 100% wrong. You are implying that whatever your mind thinks is true for everyone else which is pretty pathetic and highly flawed.

Firstly I'd appreciate if you didnt accuse me of having a mental illness thanks

secondly Id like you to point out the exact sentence where I said the word 'we'

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Aldo via Decision
    Point well made,good man.

No point elaborating really, you are either mental or trying to wind people up.

John_D80 wrote: »

His legacy is absolutely intact and unblemished.

Completely disagree,his decisons against journeymen hold no credence.the average mma fan didnt see wec Aldo,UFC was overated.

Aldo via Submission
    Firstly I'd appreciate if you didnt accuse me of having a mental illness thanks

secondly Id like you to point out the exact sentence where I said the word 'we'

Thanks again.

Stop displaying characteristics of it so chief.

You've said nobody several times...when frankly you are one person...swap it with me or I then I have no issues...but you seem to think you know what everyone thinks, which you don't, clearly.

As said Rousey/Holm 2 is already booked in...many care about a rematch, in fact it's probably the biggest fight of 2016 so far...so yeah the UFC care, as do the public....wrong again

No point elaborating really, you are either mental or trying to wind people up.

Yes Mental Because I think Aldos legacy will be tarnished,very outlandish opinion isnt it,get me the men in white coats :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Stop displaying characteristics of it so chief.

You've said nobody several times...when frankly you are one person...swap it with me or I then I have no issues...but you seem to think you know what everyone thinks, which you don't, clearly.

As said Rousey/Holm 2 is already booked in...many care about a rematch, in fact it's probably the biggest fight of 2016 so far...so yeah the UFC care, as do the public....wrong again

I Think you're hard of vision,did you miss the IMO in all my posts on the subject,I never once said its 100% fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    Ronda Rousey even more dominant and forgotten about over night,yeah real hard to believe aldo wont get the credit he deserves :rolleyes:

Even forgetting that Ronda was not more dominant then Aldo, her legacy has not been forgotten!

you seem to be confusing getting mocked directly after a defeat with being forgotten about forever for some reason

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Aldo via Submission
    Yes Mental Because I think Aldos legacy will be tarnished,very outlandish opinion isnt it,get me the men in white coats :rolleyes:

You didn't say tarnished, you said an I quote
    Aldos legacy will be sadly forgotten about IMO
    . Big difference between tarnished and forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy. He seems to think deeply and broadly about things which i find admirable. And i like how he knows his own mind and how committed he is. To see that discipline coupled to that belief is inspirational.
    And i've always thought he is insanely talented. His movement is incredible.

I just think, why is there a need to overdo the other stuff. His talent doesn't seem to need it IMO.
    A bit of colour and personality is great but he can go too far with the taunts IMO (referencing Brazilian heritage, Nazi stuff etc). Just seems a bit juvenile. Don't think Ali ever said anything like that in his time.

Otherwise the guy is an exceptional talent and i can't see anyone threatening him for a long time.

Ali was an absolute prick. People overlook the ****e he came out with because of his illness the last 20 years or so, but he said a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Anyone got a link to Aldo's entrance? I've heard people refer to him looking nervous, can't really remember it from Sunday morning, was a bit worse for wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

DeVore wrote: »
    You have to question Aldo's (or Aldo's corners) fight IQ for coming out swinging. I mean, he was seriously swinging too.

Go back and look at the footage, really look at it. Slow it down and look frame by frame because its instructive. There is a video of the knockout here.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2598888-jose-aldo-vs-conor-mcgregor-knockout-draws-negative-reaction-in-brazilian-media

With the exception of when he connects with McGregors head, Aldo's hand never rise above his own shoulders, which by that time are considerably lower than McGregors because Aldo is loading up on his legs. He fires his punches almost from his hips, especially the ill fated right (which doesn't really connect with anything other than Conors chest). When the left hook comes in from Conor, freeze it there (11 seconds into that video) and Aldos upper arm is directly down his body and his elbow makes a 90 degree angle with it. No defence and poor offence from there.

This is woeful technique especially against someone know for fighting on the rear foot. Its bad strategy coupled with bad tactics and bad technique.
    Why go into it swinging with a counter puncher who has "questionable" ground game. Why not go to your best weapon of Muay Thai kicks to Conor's wide stance and take out his lead leg. Kill his movement which takes away a big part of his game (as per Aldo vs Faber). The only reason not to kick is if you are fighting a wrestler who might take you down... that's not going to happen here and anyway, Aldo did it just fine against other wrestlers (Mendes, Faber etc).

Its baffling that Aldo would just run across the cage, chin stuck out swinging wildly. For clarity, I'm by no means in the "it was a fix camp" lol... that's just bonkers talk, but I *am* questioning Aldo's mental state and his fight IQ because that has to be one of the dumbest moves ever made inside the octagon.

The only explanation is what Conor said in fact, he was so wound up that he telegraphed his big loaded-up punches, threw caution to the wind, over extended himself because of emotion and saw red.

On the same night as Weidman's wheel kick attempt, its not even close :pac:

Even forgetting that Ronda was not more dominant then Aldo, her legacy has not been forgotten!

you seem to be confusing getting mocked directly after a defeat with being forgotten about forever for some reason

in your opinion that is,in my opinion her wins have been forgotten about the first striker she encountered she was destroyed,she was fighting people who took up mma to lose weight previously,her high ranking status in mma is no more.

Ali was an absolute prick. People overlook the ****e he came out with because of his illness the last 20 years or so, but he said a lot worse.

He was despised by white america which is all forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Aldo via Decision

You say tarnished now... earlier it was "his 10 years mean absolutely nothing" like i said your clearly on the wind up.. at least i hope you are for your sake.

You didn't say tarnished, you said an I quote . Big difference between tarnished and forgotten about.

Tarnished and Forgotten about how is that for you,in 5 10 years time when you say aldo first thing to come to mind will be destroyed in record time in a title fight.

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    I Think you're hard of vision,did you miss the IMO in all my posts on the subject,I never once said its 100% fact.

I quote
    Nobody cares about her,her invincible aura is gone nobody is dying for her to come back or is even giving her a chance in a rematch shes the girl that got schooled and head kicked not the one who destroyed all opposition before the holm fight

"Nobody" does not refer to you, the singular or refer to IMO....it refers to everyone. Which is wrong.

You should say "I don't care about her, her invincible aura is gone, I am not dying for her to come back. I am not giving her a chance in a rematch". Quit implying your views are held by others because they are not.

Also you are implying it is fact, quit spoofing me.

McGregor via Decision
    Completely disagree,his decisons against journeymen hold no credence.the average mma fan didnt see wec Aldo,UFC was overated.

Journeymen? Are you for real? Since his first fight in WEC, I dont think he fought a single fighter that was not ranked in the top ten in the world at the time.

So what if there were decisions? GSP's last SEVEN victories were all decisions and he will rightly take his place in the Hall of Fame in years to come, legacy firmly intact. As will Jose Aldo, the most dominant FW champ in the history of MMA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Aldo via Submission
    EazyD wrote: »
    Make it a closed club then? That'll definitely attract more viewers and fans to the sport. I don't agree with what a lot of people say on here but it's called respecting other opinions.

It's hard to respect stupidity though

John_D80 wrote: »
    Journeymen? Are you for real? Since his first fight in the UFC, I dont think he fought a single fighter that was not ranked in the top ten in the world at the time.

So what if they were decisions? GSP's last SEVEN victories were all decisions and he will rightly take his place in the Hall of Fame in years to come, legacy firmly intact. As will Jose Aldo, the most dominant FW champ in the history of MMA.

His best win was frankie edgar in the ufc which he won by 1 round I think,wins against bums like korean zombie and ricardo lamas mark homnick even chad mendes and kenny florian hold very little weight IMO,same way Conors wins over siver brimmage brandao for example mean nowt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Tarnished and Forgotten about how is that for you,in 5 10 years time when you say aldo first thing to come to mind will be destroyed in record time in a title fight.

To be fair , for most it would be first ever UFC Featherweight champion , remained for 10 years...

Then lost title to CMG...

McGregor via Decision
    BeepBeep! wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to Aldo's entrance? I've heard people refer to him looking nervous, can't really remember it from Sunday morning, was a bit worse for wear!

Alot of people made too much of the fact that he spent the entire duration of the introductions looking down on the ground.

People read too much into it. His walkout and entrance are identical every time he fights. He keeps his head down until he gets back to his corner after the ref's instructions. Same thing every fight. If anything I thought he looked really loose and relaxed on the walkout actually.

Honestly not sure if you're on the wind up but you got me on the hook anyway.

Would ya ever cop on with statements like that, seriously.

Ask me about Chuck Liddell and I'll tell you he's a legend of the sport. Ask anyone who cares about MMA about Aldo is 5 or 10 years time and they will tell you something similar about him.

Aldo via Submission
    His best win was frankie edgar in the ufc which he won by 1 round I think,wins against bums like korean zombie and ricardo lamas mark homnick even chad mendes and kenny florian hold very little weight IMO,same way Conors wins over siver brimmage brandao for example mean nowt.

So wins over Mendes and Lamas are the same as wins over Brimmage and Brandao? Cool f*cking story bro, needs more dragons and sh*t

So wins over Mendes and Lamas are the same as wins over Brimmage and Brandao? Cool f*cking story bro, needs more dragons and sh*t

Mendes and Lamas are two rookies,singular in their approach the same way brimmage and brandao are,they rank along side siver as journeymen in the mma world who will never win a title.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision

tumblr_mwo68rkmJV1t2bmb6o1_500.gif

Advertisement