Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Inquitus wrote: »
    Its bolloxology, everytime anyone got knocked out they made a mistake, part of being a champ is not making mistakes, both headline events were ended by mistakes, one an ill thought out spinning kick and the other an ill-advised combo that ended with Aldo propelling his chin onto McGregors left fist.

It’s hilarious, especially seeing as his only two finishes in the UFC were after a fence grab and the other after his opponent dislocated his shoulder. I’m sure he was saying the same after those victories too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

McGregor via Decision
    Gamb!t wrote: »
    No,what gives you that Impression,if anything hes delighted with Conor,he's contributing in making the UFC millions.

McGregor is adamant he moves up he holds onto his belt....White is saying differently, he talks about vacating the belt ......there could be trouble ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Aldo via Submission
    Exceptions could be made. I'm sure if Jones came back, won his LHW belt back and wanted to move up to HW he could keep his belt too. They have the drawing power, if the fans want it and the fighter wants it Dana will cave in, he's money mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Some of Gunnars reversals in the first round leaving him on top were beautiful his hips are incredible,for Maia to dominate him like that is amazing,

Gunnar couldnt defend that single leg all night his footwork and movement isnt elite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    I don't understand the UFC's reluctance to allow people have 2 belts. It'd just make Conor a mega star on a greater scale.

Imagine Conor wins the LW belt and Edgar wins the FW belt only because its vacated. Nobody will give a fcuk about Edgar and the belt he won only because Conor gave it up, while Conor having two belts would be massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor via Decision
    McGregor vs Aldo in claymation.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2015/12/14/aldo-mcgregor-fight-claymation-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hazys wrote: »
    I don't understand the UFC's reluctance to allow people have 2 belts. It'd just make Conor a mega star on a greater scale.

Imagine Conor wins the LW belt and Edgar wins the FW belt only because its vacated. Nobody will give a fcuk about Edgar and the belt he won only because Conor gave it up, while Conor having two belts would be massive.

Probably the only limitation of centralized contracting. A fighter becoming bigger than the organization is something they dont want

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Dempsey wrote: »
    Probably the only limitation of centralized contracting. A fighter becoming bigger than the organization is something they dont want

Bigger issue is keeping both divisions active. Aldo fought 6 times in the last 4 years. If someone with that low level of activity held two belts it would mean a title fight in a division once every 16 months.

Add in the risk for a major injury and you’d have two divisions backed up with interim belts long term. It’s a huge risk that is really only an option for someone who is as big a draw as McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

McGregor via Decision
    Dempsey wrote: »

Yeah and it looks like thats going to happen and there will be a massive divide between Conor and Dana/Lorenzo and it already seems like its brewing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    Sitting here like a bollocks waiting for Rogan's podcast to start...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm not the only one so! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

it should pop up on youtube correct? usually dont listen live

Aldo via Submission
    it should pop up on youtube correct? usually dont listen live

I normally listen on my commute, just have nothing better to do right now.

Aldo via Submission
    wylie wrote: »
    Anyone else think there is some tension between Conor and Dana?

TOTALLY got that vibe, from all media I've come across. Very curious about the true causes: I suppose that Conor (and management) think they have UFC over a barrel - and vice versa of course. Side note of missed adverts due to a 13 second show instead of a potential 300 plus breaks.

Dana has created his own monster with The Notorious One, and more power to Conor & team imo. Plus the rest of the roster seem to recognise this and realise that potentially Conor's negotiating power can benefit all of them. Rising tides…

Aldo via Submission
    Knex. wrote: »
    I'm not the only one so! :pac:

And it's TIME…
    So is it just me but Callen, seriously? Enough... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, Callen doesn't really have a clue. He is a McGregor fan, though.

Aldo via Submission
    Callen is there to be the idiot, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    wylie wrote: »
    Anyone else think there is some tension between Conor and Dana?

This reaction from Frank Fertitta to McGregor's KO is bizarre to say the least:

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/676147118298505216

Aldo via Submission
    Dying to hear if Rogan is asked about that "off-mic" comment to producers about Aldo (looking soft and nervous) and if he is, if he'll answer honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

McGregor via Decision
    Where are he listening/watching joe rogan the podcast?

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    Here ya go:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/powerfuljre/live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Did ye watch the Megan Olivia(?) and Dana interview?

Conor passes by during it, Conor & Dana hug and are all smiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

McGregor via Decision
    Cali_girl wrote: »
    Thank you

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

McGregor via Decision
    Seriously the "Fertitta" reaction thing? Complete nonsense imho. He rises out of his seat and puts his hands up in surprise, then presumably realises he is holding the belt and brings it down pretty quick. I cant see how people read anything into it... how?

Aldo via Submission
    Naos wrote: »
    Did ye watch the Megan Olivia(?) and Dana interview?

Conor passes by during it, Conor & Dana hug and are all smiles.
    DeVore wrote: »
    Seriously the "Fertitta" reaction thing? Complete nonsense imho. He rises out of his seat and puts his hands up in surprise, then presumably realises he is holding the belt and brings it down pretty quick. I cant see how people read anything into it... how?

@Naos: yep - did (two/three pros at work) and @DeVore: True, But…
    Guess it was Dana's absence from final presser of biggest week of the year (short of an obvious reason to rush off 'cos I mean who's financiers are on hold at that time on a Saturday night) and the weirdness of letting Conor do his own presser (as if per bet won), the decline and resurgence of PPVs clearly tracking Conor's ascendence, Dana under Frankie pressure etc etc
    Seriously, I've no clue, but in addition to the above the slightly stunned silence from likes of Luke Thomas, Chuck Mindenall, etc. Could of course be TOTALLY off base but hmmm, smelling tad ratish to me.

Aldo via Submission
    OOOH Rogan re Aldo / steroids "I do know there is a huge problem in MMA with Steroids" and "I do know I have never tripped and spilled my piss ever" wrt Aldo….

Interesting re Rogan, sounds like he's finally trying to or needs to let go some of what he knows re TAM issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Can you post a link to the podcast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I heard Schaub trying to say he looked in different shape, he looked the exact same tbh. Although he did say that Nova Uniau have a big losing record since new testing came out, looked into it and it's true. Not that that proves anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I heard Schaub trying to say he looked in different shape, he looked the exact same tbh. Although he did say that Nova Uniau have a big losing record since new testing came out, looked into it and it's true. Not that that proves anything.

Ado did not look as cut as he normally does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aldo via KO/TKO

The guy that beat Kevin Lee was the first one from the camp to win in the last 13/14 fights I think, bit mad.

Advertisement