Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Bournemouth Sat 5th Dec

• 05-12-2015 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭

Surprised there isn't a thread on this.

0-0 at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Didn't realise this existed.

Awful again. I wasn't impressed with how Chelsea played with the ball last week against Spurs, they did well to get a draw and keep a clean sheet but this really isn't a side that's equipped to play with a false 9 and it isn't a coach who has any history of successfully settings up a team to play such an intricate game. There's still huge spaces for opposition teams in midfield to exploit and really Bournemouth probably should be leading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sky's constant fawning over Eddie Howe is so tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Flashscore summary
    The end of the first half.

43' Oscar (Chelsea) receives a precise pass and is given time inside the box to send a promising strike towards the left post. Artur Boruc (Bournemouth) guessed his intentions and denied the effort with a fine save.
    23' Mike Jones shows the yellow card to Andrew Surman (Bournemouth) for a heavy challenge.
    21' Mike Jones has issued a yellow card to Pedro (Chelsea).
    15' Joshua King (Bournemouth) picks up a precise pass deep inside the box, but his strike is saved by the keeper. Corner kick. Bournemouth will have an opportunity.
    12' What a wasted opportunity by Junior Stanislas (Bournemouth)! He creates some space for himself inside the penalty box and unleashes a decent strike towards the middle of the net, but Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea) makes a comfortable save to thwart the effort.
    7' Junior Stanislas (Bournemouth) is first to the rebound but his shot is blocked. Wow, what an escape there for the opposition.
    1' Today's match has just started, enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Costa on for Oscar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

SantryRed wrote: »

Plays the right way don't you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The media need someone to fawn over now Rodgers is out of a job.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Chelsea are a funny team. Terry, Ivanovic, Matic, Hazard and now Costa have all had turns where they've been claimed as the problem, dropping and returning them largely hasn't helped much.

Fabregas next?

If it wasn't for Willian Chelsea would be giving Villa a run for there money at the bottom of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ooh yeah!

Awesome Bournemouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Offside but ahh well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

This Chelsea side is pure dirt. The squad needs an overhaul and the club needs a change of philosophy. Basically the club needs somebody to come in and do what Mourinho did the first time around.

oh dear, what the hell is going on.

Mourinhio under serious pressure if this stays the same. Hopefully he stays on though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Offside but ahh well lol

Wasn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Offside but ahh well lol

Replay shows he was onside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

RIP Chelsea fc
    Club will be dead and buried in 5 years time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

This Chelsea side is pure dirt. The squad needs an overhaul and the club needs a change of philosophy. Basically the club needs somebody to come in and do what Mourinho did the first time around.

Chelsea played better again today but a loss here will be a massive blow.

Just seeing replays well done linesman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

RIP Chelsea fc
    Club will be dead and buried in 5 years time

u wot m8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Replay shows he was onside.

Surely it was offside, with only Cahill behind him.

Not that i'm too worried, but it looked offside.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Surely it was offside, with only Cahill behind him.

Not that i'm too worried, but it looked offside.

Cahill behind him and level with another defender so onside

Actually, relooking, it was offside...

http://i.imgur.com/oHUPnPO.jpg

Only Cahill is between him and the goal. The rule is two players, right? The goalkeeper usually acts as one, so it's usually the last defender, but since he was behind the keeper, it should have been an offside.

Only Cahill is between him and the goal. The rule is two players, right? The goalkeeper usually acts as one, so it's usually the last defender, but since he was behind the keeper, it should have been an offside.

Both players feet are level.

Even if its close doesn't striker get benefit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chelsea are now averaging 1 point per game so they should survive.

Jose never losses at home in the league.

How many is that this season?

Yeeeessss !

Excellent by Bournmouth

Just the same as being level with the last defender

Look, it's very tight, he's probably marginally off, but who cares, the real story is another inept performance by Chelsea. Mourinho will be gone surely. But they've a massive CL game in 3 days, is it the right time to boot him?

That Chelsea team will not be fixed under Mourinho. I think a massive clearout is needed. Gotta feel for Hazard too!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is that a massive win for bournemouth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

But would he not count as being level with the other player to the keepers left and Cahill then deeper.

Be similar to if the keeper was on the line and one defender was level with him. Still looks onside to me but close margins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

With the angle that Sky Just showed, just as the ball was played he was just in line. All the other angles i've seen have him off.

Irrelevant, Bournemouth hang on.

Chelsea in dire need of a shakeup it seems.

Can't wait to hear what Jose thinks of the goal.

He doesn't look like he has the energy to even have a good rant anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You'd think it wouldn't be funny by this stage but it really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He was definitely onside, lower ground replay showed that he was level with Rahman and even a tiny bit behind him. Awful second half from Chelsea though, looked nervous as hell to concede the goal they ended up doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Stheno wrote: »
    Is that a massive win for bournemouth?

Definitely. It's always important to beat the teams around you in a relegation battle.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    But would he not count as being level with the other player to the keepers left and Cahill then deeper.

To me, he's marginally offside, just beyond the line created by the second defender.

But it was very close, and its not hard to see why the linesman left it to stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Turtyturd wrote: »

Its all about Jose, thats why its so funny. The Suarez thing when he said he dived a few years back and he was so smug about it. I'm ****en delighted to see him a laughing stock now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Oat23 wrote: »
    Definitely. It's always important to beat the teams around you in a relegation battle.

Indeed, its vital to win these relegation 6-pointers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Normally, I'd be p1ssing myself at them. Unfortunately, we're not pulling up any trees at the moment, so it's hard to mock Chelsea.

It's December and they're 3 points off 18th. He surely has to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Jose has been looking and acting like a man wanting the sack, and his half-baked team cannot muster the football to save him from himself. Ergo I think he will be gone at Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

blueser wrote: »
    Normally, I'd be p1ssing myself at them. Unfortunately, we're not pulling up any trees at the moment, so it's hard to mock Chelsea.

I could be an Aston Villa fan and I'd still be laughing at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

They are debating on sky about the goal being off side, did I miss a rule change as it looks like Cahill is playing him onside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

xabi wrote: »
    They are debating on sky about the goal being off side, did I miss a rule change as it looks like Cahill is playing him onside.

I think it has to be two players behind the ball. Usually that doesn't matter all that much because the goalkeeper is usually not ahead of the play so it would be one defender plus the goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Didn't notice keeper was out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

xabi wrote: »

Where was the keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think it has to be two players behind the ball. Usually that doesn't matter all that much because the goalkeeper is usually not ahead of the play so it would be one defender plus the goalkeeper.
    100% correct. Very seldom the keeper is ahead of the play, so you normally thinking one defender plus him. Courtois was out of the reckoning there. Rahman (sp?) was around, but it looks like Murray might just have been offside. Very difficult call for the linesman though, to be fair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's December and they're 3 points off 18th. He surely has to go?

The sooner he goes, the sooner calls for his return will start..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Offside, not offside. Papering over gargantuan cracks at Chelsea. They are woeful.

Giving out about Bournemouth wasting time.

Yawn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement