Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non EU mortage

Options
  • 05-12-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi

I have a question.

My GF and my self are are currently looking to buy an apartment together.

She has been in Ireland 3 years and just renewed her visa for another year.

As far as i know non EU cannot get a mortage in Ireland and the fact she does not have residency here yet either.

She owns property here in her name which was paid by her (no loans / mortage) and would have alot healthier bank balance then myself.

Can one of her properties be used to guarentee a mortage where she would not typically be able to be on it due to being non EU? I have a good salary too but we both want both of us to do together as she would be putting down the deposit also too.

Also her other properties would exceed the value of this property range we would be looking at.

Many thanks

Comments

Why not sell one and put the cash into a property here?
    I can't see a bank being interested in it as security - it is hard enough to enforce mortgage security here nevermind somewhere outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

it's a pretty special case. It just depends on the bank. They will want to look at the situation on its merits. There is no blanket rule that no non EU person ever gets a mortgage. Yo don't always need residency either but if you plan to live in the house it is going to be an issue

There coukd also be tax implications in her situation and she needs professional advice. I would start with the professional advice rather than the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

it's a pretty special case. It just depends on the bank. They will want to look at the situation on its merits. There is no blanket rule that no non EU person ever gets a mortgage. Yo don't always need residency either but if you plan to live in the house it is going to be an issue

There coukd also be tax implications in her situation and she needs professional advice. I would start with the professional advice rather than the bank.

Her other properties are rented out.
    No issues with tax as she is in business and had all this sorted already.

Long story short i just wanted to enquire as i thought if you can easily guarentee a mortage with a higher value property regardless of nationality it would be the same as a normal guarentor?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wenbo

I'm non-EU and got mortgage approved within 2 days from BoI.

Advertisement