Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Graphics Card, tough decision

Options
  • 05-12-2015 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

hi all

im planning to upgrade the graphics card on my gaming rig, at present i have a asus 750ti, great little card for what it is, but with christmas coming up and the funds available (500e), I think its about time i got something decent. at present ive a 2 screen set up, both 1080p 24" displays but will be looking to upgrade next year to something better most likely same size monitors or close to, i want to be able to game at highest setting i can, with 750ti as good as it is, its not up to the task :P

Current spec:
    cpu: i7 4770k
    mobo: msi gaming 3
    ram: g-skill ddr3 8gig Ripjaws X 2133
    gpu: asus 750ti 2 gig oc
    psu: 850W (cant remember what make/model :P)

so far ive been looking at gtx 970, 980, from what ive read the amd side of things are lagging behind a bit, i was also looking at 780ti aswell but to be honest im not sure what to go with, and im getting a bit lost :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

What games are you planning on playing?

Nothing wrong with 390x or nano.

A 970 will murder 1080p.
    If your thinking of 1440p then a 390. 390x or 980 would be better.
    Or two 970 either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

How did you end up with an i7 and 2133mhz ram, but only a 750Ti ? :eek:

R9 390 is best price/performance GPU right now. In your shoes I wouldn't go higher than the 390 or a 970, leave some funds over for a Pascal GPU

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

ah the 750ti was an upgrade from my old 9600gt.

playing battlefront, bf4, sydicate (well its waiting for new graphics card before playing) and the likes :)

id like to have a good option to upgrade to 1440p at some point next year, so should take that into account even though til then ill be at 1080p.

the gaming 3 doesnt do sli, but can do crossfire

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Then get the R9 390, as it's the best card for it's price right now. It also offers good 1440p performance, if you care.
    Or, you could wait until Arctic Islands and Pascal come out next year, where you can then be more informed to make a purchase.

Advertisement