Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Brewing kit

Options
  • 06-12-2015 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a kit as a Christmas present for someone who has no experience in brewing.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of kits that may be suitable?

I'd really appreciate any help as I've have no idea what i should be looking for!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

sue_d wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a kit as a Christmas present for someone who has no experience in brewing.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of kits that may be suitable?

I'd really appreciate any help as I've have no idea what i should be looking for!

Got this one myself a good while ago. Has everything you need including a heat belt which they'll need until the weather warms up. Spring for the 33L bucket and the discounted bottle rinser too, doesn't cost much extra and they're very useful.

http://www.homebrewwest.ie/brewsmarter-premium-starter-beer-kit-best-value-844-p.asp

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

including a heat belt which they'll need until the weather warms up.
    They won't if they have central heating.

OP, the Coopers one is fine - it's self-contained and should be enough to get them going. There are cheaper and more flexible options from the various online suppliers. And if you can, tell the recipient not to follow the instructions as kit instructions are almost invariably wrong, but to go to some of the homebrew forums (eg this one) for advice before starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

BeerNut wrote: »
    They won't if they have central heating.

OP, the Coopers one is fine - it's self-contained and should be enough to get them going. There are cheaper and more flexible options from the various online suppliers. And if you can, tell the recipient not to follow the instructions as kit instructions are almost invariably wrong, but to go to some of the homebrew forums (eg this one) for advice before starting.

Well yeah, I suppose I had my own situation in mind. Fermenting in the shed. Much easier to control the temperature there than indoors with central heating fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sue_d

Hi,

Thanks for the advise, i think i'll go with the one you suggested and nice one on the tips with the extras!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sue_d

I'll also be sure to tell the person to go to a forum/online for instructions!

Thanks a million, i really appreciate the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement