Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Motherboard Fan Headers

• 06-12-2015 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭

In the attached pic there are two 4 pin fan headers for the GA-Z97P-D3 motherboard.

gigabytefanconnections.png

The CPU_Fan header is fairly standard, as I understand it, and takes a PWM fan.

But what about the SYS_FAN connector?
    I have never come across this before so hope that someone here has.

I don't have the motherboard ..... it belongs to a friend in the UK who tells me a PWM fan does not work correctly .... its speed never changes, running at low speed all the time, regardless changes in the environment.

Is this for a voltage controlled fan with Sense feedback or some dual purpose header?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

I always believed they were interchangeable.

was the Bios set to allow speed control of the fans ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I saw a post on another section of boards about problem fans causing the m/board to be RMA'd ...... and it turned out to be the same model board.

So it seems the board is at fault ...... but 3 pin fans can be used in the socket with speed control.

It would appear there is no PWM signal on the socket!
    whizbang wrote:
    I always believed they were interchangeable.

You mean PWM fans and voltage controlled fans?

Advertisement