Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email associated with account defunct

Options
  • 06-12-2015 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi,

The email address associated with my account has effectively become defunct. My attempts to edit it in my profile are unsuccessful as it requires my password (it auto populates on my computer and I have no idea what it is).

Is there any way around this as I'm not able to access my account on any other devices?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Do you still have access to the actual e-mail address itself? If so, send an e-mail to hello [at] boards {dot} ie from this e-mail address and the staff in the office will take it from there.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Thanks Shield.

I don't unfortunately. I'll try to rectify it with the provider although I'm not optimistic as it appears they have moved to a paid service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Perhaps you have a contingency plan in the case of a forgotten password? A secret question and answer? An alternative e-mail address that they can mail a password reset link to? Some other form of verification?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

If you can email me from your current email address giving username and the old email address associated with your account, I can change it over for you. hello [at] boards [dot] ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement