Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I offer my properties to social welfare on a regular basis but ....

• 06-12-2015 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

At the moment the SW want to rent my properties. They cant afford it, or are not willing to afford it.

So now the government interfere to reduce what I can charge for my properties and when I can review the rent. Also as is already the case, its very hard for me to even have a say in who gets to stay in my properties even if they turn on me.

<B>The government are doing everything in their power to suck the life out of investors assets so that they can have it for themselves for half nothing.</B>

Listening the all the blaming of landlords for the rental crisis at the moment, but its actually the governments fault. If they want to rent for social welfare tenants then its very easy to do so.

<B>I have offered my properties to the social welfare officer every time he calls me.</B>
    He calls me at least once a year because he has my number as i used to take rent allowance recipients. I got burned one time too many, so dont anymore.

But heres what I say what he does call me.

I say "Of course you cant rent all of my properties from me as they become vacant but under my rules. I do own them after all, so here are the rules so i dont get burned again. You have to take your share of your own risk."

The social welfare must take FULL responsibility for their tenants and for the behaviour of those tenants and also and must guarantee the rent for the entire period. Lets say 5 years.

The agreement will say something like.

The SW pay the rent into my account at rent at market rate for 5 years.

The property is rented totally unfurnished to SW.

The market rate is set on the first day of the lease.

They take full ownership of the property for 5 years and hand it back to me vacant on the last day in exactly the same condition as I gave them to it in.

SW are responsible for any damage to my property or neighbors property caused by their tenants.
    They are also responsible for any evictions, court cases etc needed.

blah blah blah,

Basically I offer them to take my property for 5 years. I have nothing to do with it for those 5 years. I am letting to the SW. The SW can sublet to whoever they want, but they are responsible 100% for anyone they sublet to.

They fix anything that is broken or deal with anti social behaviour, overholding, refusal to pay rent etc.

They SW pay the rent to me, not depending on what tenant they sublet to, but each and every month no matter what else happens from the SW to me.
    In fact i dont even care who the tenant is as long as the SW undertake to run the property, carry out repairs and respect the neighbours etc.

Then after 5 years they hand the property back to me in exactly the same condition the let it for in the first place, with no tenant and unfurnished.

sorry, on the phone so editing isnt easy, but you get the idea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

So the idea is you don't want the gubberment to interfere, except to act as letting agent free of charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaketherake

keith16 wrote: »
    So the idea is you don't want the gubberment to interfere, except to act as letting agent free of charge?

The idea is that if the government want to rent my properties from me then rent them from me themselves properly and then sublet to whoever they want.

Dont offer me a pittance for taking on your issues and then when i say its way too low for the trouble involved and then go out and basically use your might to devalue my assets so that you can get them cheaper.

Any landlord would rent to SW if SW would rent properly. Instead, SW offer too low for too much risk and then was their hands of any issues.
    So why would a landlord rent to them. So now the government decide to use their stick unfairly, instead of examining the true reasons people dont want to rent to SW tenants. Too many people in the relationship is one reason. If it were just SW and the LL then no problem. SW can then have whoever they want in thier sub relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

And the point of this thread is??????

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaketherake

If the SW want to rent apartments from LLs its very easy for them to do so.
    There is no refusal of LLs to rent their properties to SW. LLs just want it done under fair conditions and not be taken advantage of.
    Instead the government manipulate the market to suit themselves. And then the law of unintended consequences kicks in after that when you interfere with the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Again, point of the thread? I have many houses thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Therefore the issue is nothing to do with accommodation and property. You are having a political rant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement