Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

young beer barrel spring a leak

Options
  • 06-12-2015 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

After not many uses of my young beer barrel there seems to be a small pinhole crack along the join where the 2 halves barrel is put together.
    Is this common problem , could I fix it ?
    What should I do. ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

iainBB wrote: »
    After not many uses of my young beer barrel there seems to be a small pinhole crack along the join where the 2 halves barrel is put together.
    Is this common problem , could I fix it ?
    What should I do. ?

This is a pressure barrel I presume? If there was a crack in mine I'd be concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

mordeith wrote: »
    This is a pressure barrel I presume? If there was a crack in mine I'd be concerned.

Ya plastic pressure barrel. Only used four times. It's more of a pin hole in the plastic join then a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ya plastic pressure barrel. Only used four times. It's more of a pin hole in the plastic join then a crack.

I suppose you could just use a dab of glue or something. Obviously if there's an air leak you will struggle to build up pressure!

mordeith wrote: »
    I suppose you could just use a dab of glue or something. Obviously if there's an air leak you will struggle to build up pressure!

Ya lost at full batch of beer because of it. Will have to fully test it before next batch. Perhaps water and co2 pressure after repairing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Ya lost at full batch of beer because of it. Will have to fully test it before next batch. Perhaps water and co2 pressure after repairing it.

Yes, and leave it pressurised for a while just to see how the repair holds.

Good Luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

You could try sealing it with a soldering iron if you find the leak - might well work.

Treadhead wrote: »
    You could try sealing it with a soldering iron if you find the leak - might well work.

That is a great idea could also put a plastic patch over as well. It's my weekend job. Will let you know.

Advertisement