Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail wifi... how to log on?

• 06-12-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

How do you access Irish Rail wifi. It comes to a page where it says agree to terms and conditions but the page wont load onto phone, it stays blank.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Keep trying? Reboot your phone? Probably their wifi simply isn't working right at the moment.

Also: try simply loading some website to see if you're already connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Are you sure you are putting a tick in the box where you agree to abide by their terms and conditions? The next page won't load unless you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭StanleyOllie

It wont even let me get as far as putting the tick in. It loaded once and then crashed. Wonder if anyone else had the same problem.
    Thanks for the responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Where are you trying to use it? I've no problem using it in Dublin, but there are some service black spots in some rural areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Once the Irish rail/Dublin bus shows on my phone, I just hit a random site in my bookmarks.

Get the connect page and once it redirects you are good to go.

Also it is difficult in Dublin as the signals from the different/trains etc must interfere with each other. Wait till you are out in the sticks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭StanleyOllie

Im using it on the Dundalk to Dublin line. Long journey so would be handy to be able to access it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Im using it on the Dundalk to Dublin line. Long journey so would be handy to be able to access it.

Make sure your mobile internet is off also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How do you access Irish Rail wifi. It comes to a page where it says agree to terms and conditions but the page wont load onto phone, it stays blank.
    Any ideas?

Whats the phone.

On my Windows phone it often goes into the background. or does nothing. Then I have to delete the connection, then connect afresh.

Even once I've connected. Its doesn't remember it on any of the phones (windows or android) I've tried. I have to logon everytime. it used to be some of the time, but they changed something and now its every time.

For me its very slow and paintful to connect and re-connect to. I've stopped using it, and just use my own data these days. Other people must find the same as you see a lot of personal hotspots on the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It wont even let me get as far as putting the tick in. It loaded once and then crashed.

In what way did it crash?

Advertisement