Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk1 ford capri

Options
  • 06-12-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys,

I am looking to find out where I can get a Haynes manual for a mk1 ford capri if there is one, I tried a quick search on the internet but nothing came up for the mk1

(1974 3.0 v8 Essex model)
    I am interested in any info relating to this model and also are the electrics much the same on the other models?? mk2/mk3??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I used to have that manual. I think it was a Haynes anyway. Green cover it was. Not sure if it covered the 3 litre, it may have been just for the Pinto engined ones. I may still have it. If I do and can find it you'd be welcome to it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

PS a better place to ask might be the Classic Forum hereabouts. Here's the link

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

The Haynes Manual for the Mk1 covered the four cylinder engines. You will have to get the Mk2 V6 book to cover the engine. Watch out for Cologne engine manuals as the LHD Capris had different engines and rear axles.

There is alse a restoration manual Haynes publish for the Mk1 that covers the V6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

I'm an oldie. I never had one, but a fellow student (he was an apprentice electrician) had one.

I believe the front tracking would wander about if you looked sideways at it. my 2p worth.

• Advertisement

I still miss my Mark 3. :( Should never have sold that car. 1600 Pinto. No power at all. I mean none. Wouldn't tow a child's buggy, or pull the skin from custard, but great (Recaro)seats and one of the nicest steering cars I've ever driven(whoer to park with no assistance though). Lovely feel to the gear change*. Rifle bolt time. Rust free too. *pangs of loss. Single manly tear runs down cheek* :)

*oddball gearbox actually. It had an oil level indicator yoke on the top/side. Like an inch long bar attached to a float in the box itself. Never saw another like it.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I still miss my Mark 3. :( Should never have sold that car. 1600 Pinto. No power at all. I mean none. Wouldn't tow a child's buggy, or pull the skin from custard, but great (Recaro)seats and one of the nicest steering cars I've ever driven(whoer to park with no assistance though). Lovely feel to the gear change*. Rifle bolt time. Rust free too. *pangs of loss. Single manly tear runs down cheek* :)
    .[/SIZE]

TL,DR Passionwagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

*oddball gearbox actually. It had an oil level indicator yoke on the top/side. Like an inch long bar attached to a float in the box itself. Never saw another like it.
    nonsense, a 1.6 with a four branch and a weber is fine for everyday use.,,,as good as a standard 2 litre very nearly.

nonsense, a 1.6 with a four branch and a weber is fine for everyday use.,,,as good as a standard 2 litre very nearly.

There was a 1300 as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Lovely feel to the gear change*. Rifle bolt time.

Like a Daysul?

• Advertisement

My particular example wasn't(and it had the four branch. From Ears motorsport IIRC?). 60 Mph was like effin hyperspace.
    cml387 wrote:
    TL,DR Passionwagon
    Not so much. Tried doing the beast with two backs in it twice. neither were successful or particularly pleasurable. SUV's FTW. :D

Advertisement