Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service Complaint

Options
  • 06-12-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi 

Myself and my wife seem to have got into a situation with your customer support team. Our local council won’t let us sell our house without proof of utility bills and Eircom is the only utility we have going back six years (more of that later). So we needed Eircom to provide us with bills from a few years ago – I didn’t think this would be any problem but I was wrong. We had also thought we checked the process and had done everything correctly and as far as I am aware we did.

After making initial contact we were told that bills from more than two years ago required a letter to be written to the data protection contact – Gareth Davies I believe. We sent the letter to the Data Protection guy on October 29th. We checked back in on the 11th  November to see how things were going and were told it took ten working days for the request to be processed. No problem that was fine so that would have been the 13th I make it. Rang back on the 18th to check again and were told the bills had been issued. We rang again on the 25th  as they had not arrived and were told there had been a mistake and the bills had actually not been sent but would be now. Rang 30th to check again and were told the bills had been sent and should be here. December 2nd the bills arrive and are entirely wrong, bearing in mind that the original letter asking for them is on your system and states clearly which bills we needed. We got this year, 2015, bills which we could have printed ourselves I believe. This was of no use whatsoever. My wife rang again and got nowhere and was given no assurance it would be resolved just told it would be referred back to the same department again and that was all she could do. She asked to speak to a supervisor as she didn’t think it fair to argue with the girl taking the call but this was refused. It should be noted that we are now under a lot of pressure to close on our new house and need this finalised. We did not believe that the process would take more than six weeks but we were wrong. So we still don’t have the bills and all we know is that this has been sent back to the data protection department. We have no idea how long this process will take. We have been told that the bills will be sent in a few days but we have been told that since the beginning and at this stage have no faith in what we are told.

I have always been an Eircom customer and my wife also – we have phone and broadband and have been happy to stick with Eircom – Eir even when the broadband had major issues. We were going to take the same package with TV in our new home (honestly believe it or not). I can accept that things go wrong and we have tried to be patient but what has compounded it is the feeling that Eircom simply don’t care about this and don’t take it or us seriously. In fact assurance is all I wanted when I rang Friday morning (4/12) but I got one of your customer service representatives whose entire approach was to make it seem I was being entirely unreasonable. Why couldn’t I wait several more days? My frustration levels grew as she talked over me and began to patronise me and eventually I had to put the phone down. I simply could not deal with the attitude and let me stress I was NOT in any way abusive. All I wanted was an assurance that this issue would be dealt with. I can’t believe the attitude that she showed on the phone and found it incredibly disrespectful.

But fair enough it is what it is. Can I just say though that it will be incredibly difficult for me to ever again spend a cent with an organisation who believe their customers are this unimportant and who think that customer service personnel should be allowed to talk down and patronise their customers. That for me is entirely unacceptable. Just finally I would like to stress that we are not unreasonable people far from it and we were at all times trying to be polite, patient and to simply find a resolution to what is an important issue for us. This has not been reciprocated.

Comments

Advertisement