Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Cause 3 any good?

Options
  • 06-12-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Thoughts on Just Cause 3? Is it worth the buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I am going to wait until the price drops a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I like it, if you enjoyed JC2 then yeah its right up your alley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm interested also but heard it looks very dated on PS4 with FPS dropping quite often too.
    I've no interest in buying a game if it doesn't run as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's pretty much just an updated version of 2 from what I can see. It's fun, it can suck up free time pretty quickly. It's really funny in places, they've gone all out on Rico being a loved action hero. I had to laugh when I pulled some guy out of his car and he says "have fun rico" as he's thrown out of the moving vehicle.

I'd say it will get pretty repetitive, it's pretty easy, death means nothing in it and you can get straight back to destroying the same place as if nothing happened if you do die. There are next to no consequences for messing up. So it's pretty much just a destruction sandbox game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm enjoying it - a good update on JC2 with the addition of the Wingsuit and the Rebel Drop. It's less fiddly and full of "random" bases to capture, but instead has a nice density of things to discover in each region and gives you story driven incentive to spend some of your time "liberating" regions so much so that if you powered through on story missions alone and only did enough town/base/etc captures as to do all the supplementary "you must have 2 of 5 regions unlocked in this province to do this mission" (or whatever way they word it), you'd still get a huge amount of playtime out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant stop hooking lads on motorbikes to anything really.

Shame the JC2 lack of ammo carried over, that really annoyed me in JC2.

What do you mean? I find the only thing I run out of ammo for is the Special weapons (grenade launchers and the likes) which makes sense as the game would be too broken if you could spam 6 grenades all day. I've never had difficulty getting ammo from the dead for a rifle or LMG.

Constantly running out of Assault rifle ammo :(

Whats it like in terms of the missions guys? That was my main issue with the last one, was fine up to a point but doing the exact same set of missions over and over in different areas got incredibly boring despite the over the top action

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Constantly running out of Assault rifle ammo :(
    Really? Jebus, how? :confused: It's never once been a concern for me, everyone you kill drops tons of ammo.
    Whats it like in terms of the missions guys? That was my main issue with the last one, was fine up to a point but doing the exact same set of missions over and over in different areas got incredibly boring despite the over the top action
    Definitely an element of repetition with the environment itself providing the "variety" more so than the mission's script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm mad to get it, but the reports of FPS drops and other issues has prevented me from getting it. I'll wait until there's a patch that fixes most things, then probably pick it up cheap for the PC! Doesn't help i need to upgrade my GPU, so i'm not rushing into anything, including Fallout 4. Even if it is just an updated Just Cause 2, i got so much enjoyment from that that i will love JC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Been playing it for a few days now. It is more the same as JC2 which is not a bad thing but there are a lot of problems with it that need to be ironed out. There is slow downs and menu lag (on pc) and glitches are a regular occurrence. Par for the course it seems for AAA these days. It's getting real sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I experienced some slow down. It's not terrible, sometimes it doesn't seem to be related to anything. Given the amount of chaos that can happen on screen, some slowdown I can live with.

Haven't really noticed any major bugs or glitches. Sometimes it gets a bit glitchy, but again, given the amount of freedom that's to be expected, it's at extremes when it happens.

The repetition hasn't become a problem yet, there's enough variation in the like of the police stations and other non destructive items to keep things interesting for now. I think I'm still on the 4th mission, I keep getting distracted by other things, I can be flying along and next thing I know I'm halfway through liberating a town.

Its not a bad game a lot like JC2.

Running it on PC with an AMD card and its disgraceful how **** it runs, sometimes its fine sometimes its not.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

I'm 3/4 way through the game...it's huge..great game imo and their was a patch released for fps but as soon as I'm done I'm trading it in..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I got it cheap on the Canadian store. If you liked Just Cause 2 you will like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have they fixed the issues on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im currently playing this but now its asking me to liberate 2 towns i think wtf

I cant play a story mission till i do this task WTF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

biggebruv wrote: »
    im currently playing this but now its asking me to liberate 2 towns i think wtf

I cant play a story mission till i do this task WTF!!!

There aren't that many missions. The length of the game is in taking over the provinces. If you could do all the missions at once it would probably be over in 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

Just cleared in about an hour ago..great game..it's huge,took me a good 40 hours playing time doing all the missions and liberating all the regions..they have to light up blue for them to be done..done most of the wing suit courses too which are cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

There aren't that many missions. The length of the game is in taking over the provinces. If you could do all the missions at once it would probably be over in 2 hours.

really :eek: man i dont think i could be arsed taking over the provinces thats just way to repetitive to me do it once or twice OK but now im reading you have to do it more times to unlock more story missions

biggebruv wrote: »
    really :eek: man i dont think i could be arsed taking over the provinces thats just way to repetitive to me do it once or twice OK but now im reading you have to do it more times to unlock more story missions

Its the point of the game not everyones cup of tea, I had every thing unlocked before mission 3.

Even took the Control one with the air support before way before i had the mission for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

My name problem with JC2 was the repetitive missions, is there any stronghold captures in JC3

Advertisement