Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizon query - viewing what's set to record

• 06-12-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Under the previous set-top box arrangement, there was a facility to see what one had set to record over the next 8-10 days approx. plus entire series

With the Horizon box, I've gone through every menu/guide option and I cannot find it anywhere - surely this feature has to exist to allow a user see what they have set up to record ?

The reason I ask is that lately, my box has been somewhat erratic in deciding what to record e.g. set the the entire series of The Bridge III to record - double episodes on Nov. 21st and 28th no problem - last night's ? - nothing ! very frustrating esp. as it doesn't appear to be repeated at any stage during the week so now I have 4 episodes that are relatively useless to me !

Can anyone help explain where I might find this "material set to record" function on the box ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

jrar wrote: »
    Under the previous set-top box arrangement, there was a facility to see what one had set to record over the next 8-10 days approx. plus entire series

With the Horizon box, I've gone through every menu/guide option and I cannot find it anywhere - surely this feature has to exist to allow a user see what they have set up to record ?

The reason I ask is that lately, my box has been somewhat erratic in deciding what to record e.g. set the the entire series of The Bridge III to record - double episodes on Nov. 21st and 28th no problem - last night's ? - nothing ! very frustrating esp. as it doesn't appear to be repeated at any stage during the week so now I have 4 episodes that are relatively useless to me !

Can anyone help explain where I might find this "material set to record" function on the box ?

Thanks

Go to My Library and then to Planner. They should all be in there. Unless the horizon decides not to record it. There's a thread in the Virgin Media forum about horizon dropping planned recordings. It's been going on for a long time with no remedy in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Thanks - tried that and initially couldn't see it. My Library took me to all of my recordings but when I go into "Search" up popped some other options including Planner so thanks for that (they certainly don't make it easy to find ! )

My series recording tag of The Bridge - not there. My missus had to record The Apprentice from the repeat last night as the Weds. screening didn't record. She took the opportunity to re-set the "Record Series" option - according to the planner, nada !

Anyone know if there is any outlook for this obvious fault to be rectified ? Not much point highlighting that you can record 4 things simultaneously with Horizon if it's totally pot luck whether what you've set to record works or not ?

Anyone know if Sky are any better in that regard ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

jrar wrote: »
    Thanks - tried that and initially couldn't see it. My Library took me to all of my recordings but when I go into "Search" up popped some other options including Planner so thanks for that (they certainly don't make it easy to find ! )

It's only a few clicks if you know how to use the menus.....

Press 'Menu' and on the popup menu you can see 'My Library' as the first option on the left, press the left button and click OK, now you can see 'Planner' as the first option on the right, press right and click OK and you're there.

Menu/Left/OK/Right/OK

Advertisement