Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grange Manor

Options
  • 06-12-2015 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi there, possibly renting in Grange manor in the near future and am just wondering what the area is like to live in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

When the traveller children knock on your door asking for money remember to be polite enough while refusing, but never give them anything or they will be back the whole time! If you are too rude on the other hand they will damage your property. My friend has his tyres slashed for getting a bit too cocky about himself when telling them to **** off

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

When the traveller children knock on your door asking for money remember to be polite enough while refusing, but never give them anything or they will be back the whole time! If you are too rude on the other hand they will damage your property. My friend has his tyres slashed for getting a bit too cocky about himself when telling them to **** off
    Lovely... that sounds fantastic...any idea is this throughout all the estate or just one particular area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Not sure what the waffle about traveller children is all about. It's the same in every estate in the area.

I walk through that estate every day as live nearby. It seems fine and unless you live on the main road through the estate it should be pretty quiet. The main road does have quite a lot of pedestrian traffic as it is a handy way to get from quite a few estates to the local supermarkets and stuff. Most of the houses appear to be owner occupied so that bodes well and they do have an active resident's association which is also good.

Other than that, it's really close to town and plenty to recommend it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When the traveller children knock on your door
    Do they live in GM or from Farren Park?

They live in St. Catherines Grange across the road.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Are you sure it's not the neighbours sending these kids to your house? I've heard of that happening in other estates.

Not sure I get you, its not my house.

I know the traveller family well personally which is why I know who they are and where they live. I have 4 friends who live in GM, the guy toward the front gets much more of it then the guy at the back, who rarely ever see's anything from them. He says his cul de sac is pretty quiet 99% of the time

If you know those kntravellers personally tell them to stop hassling your neighbours.

They are not my neighbours, and knowing them personally and being friends with them are two very different things. One family I have no love for whatsoever.

When I was a kid the word 'grange' in Waterford meant middle class or higher. How times have changed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement