Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't cope without my mam. What do I do?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

XplaygirlX wrote: »
    <Modsnip>

Hi there

Can I just ask if you have seen the sticky here. So many people and organisations available who would love nothing more than to support you right now.

Could you ask a close relative or neighbour you trust to mind your child while you attend the counselling you've arranged for yourself? If not, you should still attend.

5-weeks, it's only been 5-weeks. When you are that close to a loved one that's passed away, it will take so much longer to get your head around and process everything, and even then everyone would be different.
    I can count in one hand those I spoke to about my Late Loving Dad and none are my immediate family, None.

You can cope btw. I think you're showing immense strength for your child btw. So much strength and courage so Well Done to you :) You do need to continue that. Would it help to jot down some memories you have of your Beautiful Mom and in time pass those memories onto your child. That could be a Lovely Way for your Mom to live on in your own family imo.

Thinking of You,
    Hugs,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

OP: Like kerry4sam said, you have shown great courage in putting your feelings down in writing. Talk to your Mam - take a bit of time when your child is in Montessori, you don't have to be at her graveside to converse with her. Talk about the good times both of you had together. All the fun times you shared. The things you enjoyed doing with each other. How you loved meeting up with her. And, yes, cry if you feel like it while talking to her. She will understand. If you are religious, pray to her - I pray to my late mother daily because I consider her a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note
    I'm very sorry OP but due to the content of your post we have no choice but to lock this thread and remove your post.
    All we are permitted to do in this case is to encourage you to seek help.

We have a thread here in PI for distressed posters: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057178293
    Please have a read of it and see if any of the resources there can help you.

eg
    Suicide

turn2me.org - online mental health community providing peer and professional support to people in distress.
    Pieta House - Suicide and Self Harm Crisis Centre, providing services for those who are in suicidal distress and those who engage in self-harm. Contact information for your local Pieta House can be found here.

National Office for Suicide Prevention
    - information and signposting resource regarding suicide in Ireland. NOSP is not a crisis support service.

Depression / Mental Health

Samaritans Ireland - (116 123) - 24 hour support organisation for anybody going through a difficult period of their life. You can also contact your local branch of Samaritans.
    GROW - (1890 474 474) - mental health organisation which helps people who have suffered, or are suffering, from mental health problems. Grow also hold regular meetings throughout Ireland.
    GROW Young Adult - resources specifically to help the needs of young adults.
    Aware - (1890 303 302) - service for people who experience depression and concerned family and friends of those suffering from depression.
    Shine - national organisation dedicated to upholding the rights and addressing the needs of all those affected by mental ill health.

Pieta House
    - Suicide and Self Harm Crisis Centre, providing services for those who are in suicidal distress and those who engage in self-harm. Contact information for your local Pieta House can be found here.
    Mental Health Ireland - Information Service on issues relating to mental health and mental illness.
    IACP - Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy. Provides services to help you to find a therapist in your area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement