Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Shawn Michaels Award (Poster You'd Most Like to see Return)

• 06-12-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

The Shawn Michaels Award honours those who are no longer regular posters here on PW Boards but that we miss and would like to see return. Whether through their own decision or future endeavours from the top brass, these lads haven't been around in the last while. Question is, who would you like to see come back?

The nominees for the Shawn Michaels Award are:

BohsJohnny - Our very own statistician and anorak on all things Japanese.

CMPunked - Disappeared by his own hand less than a year ago but a very popular poster

CSF - Has the odd drive-by post now and again but more interaction from this strong poster would be welcome

D2D - Used to dominate the Live PPV and Raw threads and was great company for anyone else who visited there

flahavaj - A major force on the forum in general. Missed by many, respected by all

rovert - The self-styled Dave Meltzer of Boards.ie, this man was THE source around here for a long long time

Uncle Walt - Only here for a year and took off again, Walt was a big player on the PW Draft. Will he return one day?

Yousef - A solid poster that only scratched the surface of his potential. Would be welcome to rejoin in a heartbeat

Vince135792003 - With over 4,500 posts and an Around The Horn Title to his name, it's a shame we haven't heard from this man in a while

Who would you like to see return? 32 votes

BohsJohnny
    0% 0 votes
    CMPunked
    0% 0 votes
    CSF
    25% 8 votes
    D2D
    6% 2 votes
    flahavaj
    0% 0 votes
    rovert
    25% 8 votes
    Uncle Walt
    37% 12 votes
    Yousef
    6% 2 votes
    Vince135792003
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Iirc Walt only made the Uncle Walt profile so that he could participate in the Draft after closing his Waltersobchek account, I'm hoping history will repeat itself and in early January he will appear again as WECWF comes back in the draft.

Vince is a former mod but tbh it's been a really long time since he posted regularly here - I'd have Orestes similar to him in this.

A lot of the others are still around too but posting less than they used to like D2D or CSF but CMPunked is a really good shout. If not for stuff on non PW boards Flah would probably still post here too, lad was a loss but i guess the forum keeps on moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Man knowing a few of these names aren't around anymore opens some wounds! CMPunked the most among them as I got to meet him and his missus a few times at leggo's events, absolutely super and genuinely nice guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There's been a great response in this category with regards voting. We'll know the winner by this time tomorrow. If you want to see your favorite win, make sure you've voted before then!

This one has been decided pretty unanimously. The winner of the Shawn Michaels Award is the controversial, outspoken but in-the-know...

rovert

Could he return like the great HBK did? Who knows. Congrats nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've tweeted the result to him, the Chris Benoit of Boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

surprised and disappointed that so many people would want him back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

surprised and disappointed that so many people would want him back.

Voted for CMPunked myself, CMPunked was a great poster, really miss his contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I voted for Walt, really hope he comes back for the Draft again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I voted for Walt, really hope he comes back for the Draft again

Walt is a fantastic Choice. The guy, when around, is a joy to interact with.

I voted for Rovert personally, the guy was always so informitive and kept me in the loop with wrestling scoops

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've tweeted the result to him, the Chris Benoit of Boards

Just in reference to this, He was not benoited otherwise he would have been edited out of this poll.

That said he (perhaps like HBK) will not be coming back. If everyone experienced what we (the mods) did he would not have won this poll as he took more modding than anyone else several times over and created untold amounts of issues behind the scenes.

Very informative poster yes but boards is better leaving him in the past and I say that despite (looking at the poll) it perhaps not being a popular statement. I will not be talking more about him anyway

• Advertisement

I'll just add here that I spoke with jaykhunter in relation to including him in this particular poll. We spoke previously about including him and other users who were banned and decided that they would not be eligible for awards. However it was agreed that we could include him in this one as many people (ie many of the community) wanted to nominate him for past achievements over the years which, to be fair, there were many. Anyway, this category was the agreed exception to the rule and it's done with now. We'll move on now as there are a few big ones to decide still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cheers for the nomination/votes. Trying my best recently to post more but trying to balance that without spoiling the program on myself also.

Always enjoyed the various threads/polls on here but then I'd find an unspoilered tag post saying 'person x vs person y is the current plan for mania' and that'd ruin my enjoyment (of a show we've all frequently acknowledged is a bit crap lately as it is) when the sequence of events that led to the feud played out because I was already half expecting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just in reference to this, He was not benoited otherwise he would have been edited out of this poll.

That said he (perhaps like HBK) will not be coming back. If everyone experienced what we (the mods) did he would not have won this poll as he took more modding than anyone else several times over and created untold amounts of issues behind the scenes.

Very informative poster yes but boards is better leaving him in the past and I say that despite (looking at the poll) it perhaps not being a popular statement. I will not be talking more about him anyway

Ah, i'm only messing about the Benoit stuff BH (I like the "Benoited" part!)

I understand the hard time you guys had with him in the past, and his reason for exit was well deserved too (and way beyond acceptable) I'll say no more!

Advertisement