Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi Issue

Options
  • 06-12-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have downloaded Kodi on my computer, but EVERY TIME that I want to open it, the wizard kicks in and guides me through a new install.

At the end of the process it tells me that there is another copy of Kodi in the destination folder and ask if I want to replace it.

What can I do to stop it from doing this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Sounds like you keep clicking on the exe file instead of the actual installed kodi icon.Go to the start menu on your PC(I'm assuming it's a windows PC) and go to all programs.Look for the Kodi folder and open it and click on that icon.Or it might be just listed as as the Kodi icon(without a folder).

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭shortlegs

Bazzz, Thanks for that, but I could only see an exe.file. So I uninstalled and re-installed - problem persists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It really sounds like you're running the installer instead of the installed program.

Open a windows explorer (Win+E) and navigate to either C:\Program Files\Kodi or C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi. Run Kodi from here. If the problem persists, exit the installer, right click the exe in the directory above, select run as administrator and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bells12

Hi,

I recently installed Kodi on android tv, but any video addon I watch can't be fast forwarded as it just freezes.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue as I can't search through videos?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

bells12 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently installed Kodi on android tv, but any video addon I watch can't be fast forwarded as it just freezes.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue as I can't search through videos?

Thanks

SNIPPED BY MOD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

[QUOTE=ahmsaloSNIPPED[/QUOTE]

It's best remove that link from your reply.This kind of thing 3rd party addons cannot be linked here,it's against the rules.
    Also on builds be careful where you get them from and generally don't bother with them.
    It's best to learn what Kodi is and can do.......for yourself.That's as much as I'll say on the matter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Please read the Stickey concerning Kodi and Addons.

@ahmsalo,

Permanent Ban from HCPC forum, two separate posts on this forum with links which are clearly prohibited in the warning at the top of the forum.

Thread closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement