Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 monitor set up help

Options
  • 06-12-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am trying to set up a 3rd monitor on my pc and no matter what I do I cannot get it to work.

I am trying 2 dvi in the dvi port pictured and 1 vga I can only manage to get one working any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Usually with those cheaper video cards that have DVI+HDMI+VGA, only two of them will work simultaneously. Don't ask me why, but it's a thing.

Have you tried plugging one into the IGP? I don't even know if that works or not myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

sugarman wrote: »
    As far as I know you can only use either the onboard or graphics card. No both.

The dvi, HDMI and VGA should work. But as pointed out, some of the cheaper cards can't handle more than 2 at a time.

What card is it do you know?

Hi thanks for the replies!

It's a nvidia geforce 620.

I read that you can use two cards together to run another two monitors I bought an at radeon just to run two extra monitors will this work on win 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

sugarman wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the 620 does 3 monitors.

Has your PC 2 pcie slots for the 2 cards?

According to the spec it has 1 extra pciex1 and 1 extra pcuex16

Advertisement