Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania smartphones

Options
  • 06-12-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Has anybody bought a phone from Pixmania? Top end sim free phones like iPhones, Samsung S6 etc are about €100 less than shop prices here.

Whats the catch? Sellers in the EU so theres no custom charges. I suppose the only potential problem is if theres a fault and returns will be difficult?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Any link for the samsungs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

THey have a bad reputation if things go wrong. Although perhaps my info is old, as it's been a long while since I've dealt with them.

Amazon seem to have the Samsung S6 for a similar price, with free postage. It'd be a lot better if the euro wasn't so ****e at the moment.

I'd go with Amazon if the price was comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Has anybody bought a phone from Pixmania? Top end sim free phones like iPhones, Samsung S6 etc are about €100 less than shop prices here.

Whats the catch? Sellers in the EU so theres no custom charges. I suppose the only potential problem is if theres a fault and returns will be difficult?

I ordered phone last night I'm sorry now as all the reviews are brutal. I am hoping that it works out ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Pixmania are a pretty decent. They are actually part of the Dixon's currys pc world group of companies. As they are based on Europe, they are able to source in bulk and get low prices. Some better than buying from Asia directly.

Phone warranties are always dealt with by the manufacturer directly wherever you buy the phone from. Highly recommended website.

http://www.pixmania.ie/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-gold-4g-32-gb-smartphone/22639548-a.html

S6 edge gold 32GB is only 543 with the discount code when you add to basket.

No point in signing a contract at that price

I ordered phone last night I'm sorry now as all the reviews are brutal. I am hoping that it works out ok

It will be fine, don't worry, they will replace it If there is a problem. Have purchased several times over the last few years and never had an issue with their service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Only thing I would say is from my recollection, phones bought on Pixmania come with an EU plug and UK adapter. That's fine for most people and lots have an old USB micro charger from their previous phone anyway so don't care but just something to be aware of. This could have changed since I bought the phone on Pixmania a couple of years ago.

super_freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

simdan wrote: »
    Pixmania are a pretty decent. They are actually part of the Dixon's currys pc world group of companies.

In September 2013, Dixons Retail, owner of PC World and Currys, paid €69 million to offload the loss-making Pixmania to the German company Mutares AG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Pixmania are a pretty decent. They are actually part of the Dixon's currys pc world group of companies. As they are based on Europe, they are able to source in bulk and get low prices. Some better than buying from Asia directly.

Phone warranties are always dealt with by the manufacturer directly wherever you buy the phone from. Highly recommended website.

http://www.pixmania.ie/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-gold-4g-32-gb-smartphone/22639548-a.html

Never a good thing. Dixons are terrible. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

where can i get one of these?

CH3OH wrote:
    In September 2013, Dixons Retail, owner of PC World and Currys, paid €69 million to offload the loss-making Pixmania to the German company Mutares AG

Techmaster wrote:
    Never a good thing. Dixons are terrible.

Maybe that's why they've seemed good over the past few years?! Lol, Did not realised DSG had sold them!

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote:
    where can i get one of these?

? Click the link?

Took the plunge and ordered the iphone 6s, 64gb for €775, smashing price really. 829 was cheapest I could find elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Having seen the bad reports I bought two expensive smartphones and both arrived in 48hrs..
    One thing to be careful with is the bands they support,you may get caught out with devices stating 4G,You WILL notice some phones the same with different prices..
    They come via UPS

My phone is being sent from China? Should I be concerned?

phobia2011 wrote:
    My phone is being sent from China? Should I be concerned?

Sometimes they ship directly from Asia. It won't be a problem. You won't pay any import duties as you purchased from a European site.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lena_mw

I'm waiting for the camera from Pixmania , ordered on 30.11 and after few emails i received e-mail with tracking information , camera should be here on the 16.12 and it is showing on the website " delivered in 5 days " and the camera is coming from China , Im not happy at all 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

lena_mw wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the camera from Pixmania , ordered on 30.11 and after few emails i received e-mail with tracking information , camera should be here on the 16.12 and it is showing on the website " delivered in 5 days " and the camera is coming from China , Im not happy at all 😩

To be honest that is pretty typical from China, I've waited 3-4 weeks at times.

I got phondin 3 days delighted highly recommended

update my phone developed a serious fault 2 nd day of use. terrible difficulties sending back

Advertisement