Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Controller issue/ Gamestop Returns policy

• 06-12-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm filled with dread before even explaining this but here we go.

I bought my Xbox One on October 6. Had no issues or complaints until. My right thumbstick appears broken and has great trouble moving freely severely affecting play. I've always taken great care of my consoles and pads. I didn't drop/throw it and I'm not that overly vigorous person you can hear clacking their sticks from the next room. I only got the one pad with the console after being told the eye watering price of 70 euro a pop.

Now, can some angel tell me that if I go in to GameStop tomorrow and tell them about the pad they'll give me a replacement? I mean I have it no time at all and I certainly don't feel like I caused the damage, or have even played it enough to cause the required wear for something like this.

Please someone give me some good news, just so pissed off with the whole thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

If it is the official controller that came with the Xbox, you can send it back to Microsoft and they will send you a brand new one.
    Is the thumbstick actually snapped or just not responding?
    I am not up to scratch on GS's own policy in this regards, when I last worked for them, if someone had a problem like this they were told to contact Microsoft directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm filled with dread before even explaining this but here we go.

I bought my Xbox One on October 6. Had no issues or complaints until. My right thumbstick appears broken and has great trouble moving freely severely affecting play. I've always taken great care of my consoles and pads. I didn't drop/throw it and I'm not that overly vigorous person you can hear clacking their sticks from the next room. I only got the one pad with the console after being told the eye watering price of 70 euro a pop.

Now, can some angel tell me that if I go in to GameStop tomorrow and tell them about the pad they'll give me a replacement? I mean I have it no time at all and I certainly don't feel like I caused the damage, or have even played it enough to cause the required wear for something like this.

Please someone give me some good news, just so pissed off with the whole thing.

You bought the Console from GameStop so its up to them to replace the controller as its not fit for use.

Don't let them fob you off if they tell you to contact Microsoft.

You can buy the Covert Forces controller in Argos for €45. GameStop tend to be the most expensive place to buy anything and most of us here would only shop there if we were stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

yeah you will have to return the whole xbox as they will most likely not just give you a new controller, they might open a new xbox and swap the controller but as its gamestop there a bunch of *****

they will fob you off to microsoft who will request you return the pad and they will not send a new one till they recieve that broken one, so means gaming down time,

so bring the whole pack back and don't let them fob you off, and if needs be reference the sale of goods act and that usually gets the ball rolling if they're not be helpful, also ask for a manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They replace my dual shock 4 controllers anytime I have had issue, and I've gone through 4 since PS4 launch - I can't see them having an issue doing it for Xbox controllers.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think MS only have a 90 day return on controller's, as opposed to Sonys year - even at that you though you are still under guarantee....

No need to return the console, a simple sweet talk to a manager, the fact it's 2 months old and controllers are guaranteed there should not be a problem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Fieldog wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think MS only have a 90 day return on controller's, as opposed to Sonys year - even at that you though you are still under guarantee....

You're wrong 😊 90 days would be in the US.

As for contacting Microsoft support, it's worth doing it. They will give you a ticket number and when you go to gamestop they will take the ticket number and hand you a controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nolimits wrote: »
    You're wrong 😊 90 days would be in the US.

As for contacting Microsoft support, it's worth doing it. They will give you a ticket number and when you go to gamestop they will take the ticket number and hand you a controller.

I used to work in Xbox Support - we would always try to get the customer to contact the retailer first...

Mainly to save the customer the few quid postage on the controller's, and stopping them being without so if this controller is only 2 months old I would be going where my contract is with - the retailer, and not MS

Advertisement