Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man on Eyre Square Hotel

Options
  • 06-12-2015 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭

Surprised there has been no comment on here about a man standing on a ledge of the Eyre Square Hotel since lunch time today, Foster Street closed all day to traffic and pedestrians with the whole City clogged up due diverted traffic, he is on the 1st floor pics on City Tribune facebook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭Storm 10

liam7831 wrote: »
    Jumper

Threatening behaviour apparently

Fr.Ted would be the man to talk him down, he already did it with Fr. Kevin

Really hope this person is OK. They are likely going through the worst day of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Well, did yet man jump or wha? Held up the whole town today he did. I guarantee he didn't. A cry for help....

• Advertisement

Keep the Radiohead to a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

best of luck to the chap. has a long road

Hopefully it's ended safely only saw it on twitter and City Tribune

Well, did yet man jump or wha? Held up the whole town today he did. I guarantee he didn't. A cry for help....

You're a lovely person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Was wondering what was going on there. Got stuck in it for about 30 mins. Hope the guy is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

As at about 3/4 an hour ago, there was protective matting stuff on the ground underneath, and the situation was on-going.

Spare a thought for the staff in the Centra immediately across the road, who've had a very different day to what they expected. Other businesses in the area very badly affected, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

He wasn't really far off the ground - if he had jumped he'd at worst break a leg, if even. I'm surprised it's been ongoing since lunchtime. We're not talking about someone threatening to jump from the roof or upper stories of a building - he was at about 12 foot high. Very strange situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Spare a thought for the staff in the Centra immediately across the road, who've had a very different day to what they expected. Other businesses in the area very badly affected, too.

the thoughts and safety of the man on the ledge is foremost on my mind rather than how businesses are affected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

the thoughts and safety of the man on the ledge is foremost on my mind rather than how businesses are affected

Nah, my thoughts go to the businesses who are at a loss today, one of the busiest Sundays of the year for foot traffic in that area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Passed by the Merick Hotel few minutes ago, still going on, man on the ledge one floor up , I was stuck in traffic coming in College Road for over an hour today trying to go to the Market, had to give up and go home, I did not know what was causing the traffic jam but people I spoke to told me all roads leading in were at a standstill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

If this is a live event is it allowed be discussed???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Long day. Emergency services must be tired out at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Weatherproof79

No doubt everyone had their phone taking pics. I saw it myself recently and there was about 40 people gathered around taking pics. Shameless. Hope it ends well

D Trent wrote: »
    Nah, my thoughts go to the businesses who are at a loss today, one of the busiest Sundays of the year for foot traffic in that area

i really hope you are trying to be funny

thousands of people are affected by mental health and you aretaking the piss
    anyone effected or troubled should always remember there are people out there willing to listen and help

samaritans 116 123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Aerohead wrote:
    Passed by the Merick Hotel few minutes ago, still going on, man on the ledge one floor up , I was stuck in traffic coming in College Road for over an hour today trying to go to the Market, had to give up and go home, I did not know what was causing the traffic jam but people I spoke to told me all roads leading in were at a standstill

Went past it at about 4 this evening on the bus. Given that there's protective mats now on the ground, why hasn't anyone taken him down yet?

can a moderator please close this thread, we do not know what is going on and could be causing more harm than good

Ye are lighting quick at shutting down less important thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

D Trent wrote: »

Idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Really hope this person is OK. They are likely going through the worst day of their lives.

Ah Galway's bad but not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

As at about 3/4 an hour ago, there was protective matting stuff on the ground underneath, and the situation was on-going.

Dont worry they probably made a killing on popcorn!!

I read about it on the twitter for the City Tribune so I assumed it was sorted, if a mod feels it should be deleted please do it

Where are the moderators? they throw infractions and warnings around like confetti but when they are needed they go missing

if anyone reading needs someone, remember the internet is full of trolls who like to joke that bushiness`s profits are more important than human life. These people are key boards warriors who hide behind their internet connection to help make themselves feel important

samaritans 116 123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Where are the moderators? they throw infractions and warnings around like confetti but when they are needed they go missing

if anyone reading needs someone, remember the internet is full of trolls who like to joke that bushiness`s profits are more important than human life. These people are key boards warriors who hide behind their internet connection to help make themselves feel important

samaritans 116 123

It's 11pm on a Sunday night, volunteer mods aren't at your beck and call 24/7. I'll get onto Cmods/Admins now and see if someone can look into the thread

Hopefully it all ends well, poor fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

In bed. Thanks for your concern!

Thread locked pending official information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

http://galwaybayfm.ie/man-hospitalised-after-forster-street-incident/

Ended at approx. 2.30 this morning. Hopefully, no one was too badly affected, and any & all parties involved get the support and assistance they require.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement