Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep getting message 'your ipad device was selected...'

• 06-12-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

In the past week I've started to get the following msg pop up on my ipad...

Congratulations Vodafone Ireland Limited user!
    Your ipad device was selected because we need more testers for the new iPhone 7.
    Press Ok to participate and receive an iphone 6 for free.

There's no cross to get rid of the message but I have worked out how to (double click home button, swipe up on the screen) and then I also go into settings and clear my cookies etc.

This is happening on proper websites ie/ facebook, realestate.com.au, not dodgy ones. And it keeps happening, so it's getting very annoying having to keep entering passwords etc because I am deleting cookies. I haven't downloaded any apps recently and haven't (AFAIK) visited any websites that would be considered dogdy. Is there any way I can stop this from happening permanently (my ipad is NOT jailbroken)?

Comments

Advertisement