Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tattoo Place

• 06-12-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

With the new year coming, I want to make it #1 goal to lose a lot of weight and get fit again. And to help motivate myself, I've promised myself that I will get a tattoo once I have reached my desired weight loss.

I don't want a huge, ostentatious one that runs all the way down the chest and/or arm. Something simple like a tribal mark on the upper arm. So in preparation I'm doing some research into the best tattoo parlours in Limerick, safest and cleanest places. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Best one in town would be all star, Ross is one of the best around but can be costly. Damien Geoghegan is another talented artist and work with Ross for years in Living Art before Ross opened his own place and now Damien has his own place on Chaplin Lane around the corner from mother care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Best one in town would be all star, Ross is one of the best around but can be costly. Damien Geoghegan is another talented artist and work with Ross for years in Living Art before Ross opened his own place and now Damien has his own place on Chaplin Lane around the corner from mother care

I'm willing to pay the price for someone that knows what they are doing, health before money. Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out.

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm willing to pay the price for someone that knows what they are doing, health before money. Thanks for the suggestions, will check them out.

Well you'll be more then satisfied with both of them, Damien would be a little cheaper then Ross but both are top quality artists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I had one done by Ross last year. Personally I thought he had a bit of an attitude problem. I want to get another one done in the new year, but I wouldn't go back to him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Damien is the man to go to , Got my 1st one off him this year and couldn't have been happier with it same spot too upper arm and he couldn't have been nicer and uses all hospital spec stuff in his studio definitely go to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Thank you all for your replies. Stupid question, but do you just walk in off the street or do you need to book an appointment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I had one done by Ross last year. Personally I thought he had a bit of an attitude problem. I want to get another one done in the new year, but I wouldn't go back to him again.
    Time changes everyone but I know in his youth he wasn't the most pleasant individual.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Thank you all for your replies. Stupid question, but do you just walk in off the street or do you need to book an appointment?

More then likely you'll need an appointment but just call into the shop to make one, shops also do walk ins if they've no one booked in or a cancellation.

Time changes everyone but I know in his youth he wasn't the most pleasant individual.

Well last year was the one and only time I met him, but I'd say he hasn't changed too much since his younger days at that rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

The Best man in Limerick to get something Tribal from is Paul O Rourke in Allstar Tattoo

If you're on Facebook, check him out:
    https://www.facebook.com/paulorourketattoos/?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Would not look outside Allstar myself, have been with Ross 4 times and never an issue. Pauls work looks excellent aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I think you may have picked up Ross a little wrong. He is a really sound guy. He did go through a really life changing event recently so maybe you just caught him on a bad day. Id try him again everyone deserves a second chance. Also i had work done by Paul in all-star. He is a really really nice guy. Great work too and i am still really happy with it.

Dont know much about Damien but i do hear all good things.

Stab*City wrote: »
    I think you may have picked up Ross a little wrong. He is a really sound guy. He did go through a really life changing event recently so maybe you just caught him on a bad day.

I do know that, and that's not something that you'd like to see happen to anyone, however it was before then that I was with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A lot of tattoo artists in Limerick seem to have had poor reputations over the years when it comes to attitudes towards customers. Have heard lots of stories over the years. Friends of them the only ones I've heard have good things to say.

Advertisement