Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting pc Monitor to Tv -Powered vga splitter

Options
  • 06-12-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Desktop pc has no hdmi port and tv only has one, so just want to display connect pc monitor to tv, vga seems to be the only answer in my case.

Would need a vga splitter and to run a 5m vga cable to tv.

I see 'powered' vga splitters available on free tv, http://www.freetv.ie/vga-splitter.html

Am I right in thinking that these are powered by the circuitry inside them as opposed to mains power and is a two way splitter small in size like a cigarette box or more like the size of a small set top box, like the Ariva 120 for instance.

Pardon my ignorance in all this as well past my sell by date:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that these are powered by the circuitry inside them as opposed to mains power and is a two way splitter small in size like a cigarette box or more like the size of a small set top box, like the Ariva 120 for instance.

That box is powered by a 5V DC feed, you can see the socket in the lower-right corner - the very first bullet in the list of features says 'Powered 2 Way VGA Splitter' so it will come with a power adapter which shouldn't be much bigger than your mobile phone charger but will require a mains socket. You can judge the size of the box by studying the VGA ports on the front, looks a bit bigger than a cigarette pack.

Advertisement