Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Must-Pass Exam Component

Options
  • 07-12-2015 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Do Stage 1 omnibus engineering have a must pass exam component? meaning even if you pass the module with labs/assignments/projects etc and you end up failing the final exam, you will still fail the module and have to repeat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

So five year engineer here,

Exams haven't change much since I did then in 2011. None of the engineering modules are passable without doing the final exams as continuous assessments only account for up to 35% of the total grade in the module. A pass is 40%.
    The only exception to this is Creativity in Design which is 100% continuous assessment. The only way to really fail this is not to show up and do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

Unless they've changed it since my day (also started back in 2011) it's get to 40% through any means possible and thats all you need. I think I remember i had 38% going into Physics 1 so it was only a case of writing my name on the paper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bradz95

2nd year engineer here, as far as i know you dont need to pass the exam to pass the module, but for physics 1 and 2 you have to sit the exam even if you have passed from continuous assessment. But you dont have to pass the exam

Advertisement