Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory Questions

Options
  • 07-12-2015 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a few questions to ask about ordering a full PC build from Mindfactory. A friend of mine is considering ordering from there this week but on a finance scheme over 12 months. Does anyone know how this will work for him? The website gives an example of Santander bank and it works out a perfect price over the 12 months because the final bill isn't so expensive. Will it work out the same price as the website suggests or will it be different since he's paying through PayPal and his bank is AIB.

I've only ever ordered from Hardwareversand in the past with no problems whatsoever, but I've read they're having problems right now so I referred him to Mindfactory as that seems to be the next best option.

Also, another couple of questions, how reliable are Mindfactory? How long do they take to deliver a package as large as a full PC build? If my friend has any problems with parts, how does the return system work?

The build is totaling around €900 so it's not money to be playing around with. Especially since I'm the one who referred him there :P

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

A friend of mine is considering ordering from there this week but on a finance scheme over 12 months. Does anyone know how this will work for him?
    It won't work for him, it's for Germans only.
    Also, another couple of questions, how reliable are Mindfactory?

How long do they take to deliver a package as large as a full PC build? If my friend has any problems with parts, how does the return system work?
    Reliable.
    It'd be foolish to get a case and/or monitor from them as there are extra delivery charges from a separate warehouse for those.

Any time I've ordered it's arrived in 5 days or less. Obviously you should choose parts that are lit in green and say 'Stocked' unless you like waiting.
    Haven't ever had to return anything yet but I think somebody here's been unlucky enough to have that happen, maybe they can chime in?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

grindle wrote: »
    It won't work for him, it's for Germans only.

Ah right, was wondering why it wasn't showing any finance options when I went to the checkout.

Are there any other places that he can order from then? Because financing it is the main thing here as he doesn't have the full amount right now.

Ah right, was wondering why it wasn't showing any finance options when I went to the checkout.

Are there any other places that he can order from then? Because financing it is the main thing here as he doesn't have the full amount right now.

If he wants financing he should take out a loan. Getting financing from one of the Irish stores... The added cost of buying locally along with the probability of their interest rates would be a much larger hit than just taking out a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

grindle wrote: »
    It'd be foolish to get a case and/or monitor from them as there are extra delivery charges from a separate warehouse for those.

Obviously you should choose parts that are lit in green and say 'Stocked' unless you like waiting.
    Do they hold the in stock items until the not in stock items are there or charge you for more than 1 delivery, do you know?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Do they hold the in stock items until the not in stock items are there or charge you for more than 1 delivery, do you know?

No idea, not a habit I'd be into.

• Advertisement
Advertisement