Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was this not madness?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Yeah a little silly.

They are kids. There is a higher duty of care to protect them than applies to adults. Hostelling in a seaside location during a spectacular storm...I suspect some might be questioning the wisdom of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Desperate news that the teenage girl passed away. Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,913 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They are kids. There is a higher duty of care to protect them than applies to adults. Hostelling in a seaside location during a spectacular storm...I suspect some might be questioning the wisdom of that.

"Hostelling" does not need to involve walking on sea-side cliffs. Whoever made the decision to go ahead with that particular activity should have their warrant (or whatever it's called here) withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

"Hostelling" does not need to involve walking on sea-side cliffs. Whoever made the decision to go ahead with that particular activity should have their warrant (or whatever it's called here) withdrawn.

We should definitely rush to judgement at this sad time, and not wait for the facts to come out in the cold light of day. That will definitely make things better.
    I can't see any possible downside to a braying call from the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Totally agree with Carawaystick. Scouting Ireland are conducting a review of the incident. Nobody set out that day with bad intent. Whether the risk could have been managed better will be the focus of that review. Let's wait for that before calling for heads on pikes.

As a scouter myself my condolences to her family, friends and scout group. A young scout gone home too soon.

c6c272f86bc480e1489611d795059791.jpg?itok=x5CUueOx

Advertisement