Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small extractor hood

Options
  • 07-12-2015 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello Everyone

I am trying to replace the conventional extractor hood in my kitchen above the hob. However the problem is that the current place/hood to fit the extractor is very small, i.e. 53 cm in width and 30 cm in depth. All the standard ones are coming as 60 cm dimension.

Anyone knows where to get these small hoods?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

got a great small one in IKEA had the same issue when replacing mine

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aj111

Jen44 wrote: »
    got a great small one in IKEA had the same issue when replacing mine

Thanks for the reply. By any chance do you have a link to that hood so that I can view it online.

Thanks,
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90304587/.....just realised its slightly big for your spot at 60cm!

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, unfortunately most of them are coming as 60 cm wide while mine is only 53 cm wide. Seems impossible to find the small ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

If you put 53cm oven hoods into Google some come up. Power city seem to have them. Can't link

• Advertisement

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    If you put 53cm oven hoods into Google some come up. Power city seem to have them. Can't link

Thanks. Yes I found that one too, but it says "Canopy Hood". Just wondering what is the difference between flat hood and canopy hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

aj111 wrote: »
    Thanks. Yes I found that one too, but it says "Canopy Hood". Just wondering what is the difference between flat hood and canopy hood.
    Sounds like the shape; http://www.hemcocorp.com/canopy.html

Advertisement